Alternative to SAS transportation

michellejed

I just got a quote from Qualitylimoservice.com saying they have a running shuttle from FLL to POM at 10am, noon and 1 pm for $15 each, they also pick up at POM and go to FLL at 9am, 11am for $15 each,

If you can't use the times posted then they will transport for $24 each.

I just got a quote from Qualitylimoservice.com saying they have a running shuttle from FLL to POM at 10am, noon and 1 pm for $15 each, they also pick up at POM and go to FLL at 9am, 11am for $15 each,

You can exit the POM terminals and score a POM-FLL shuttle for $15. with no reservation at all. This is true for all of the morning debarkation hours.

Travel time, POM-FLL is approx 35 minutes...depending on traffic.

You can exit the POM terminals and score a POM-FLL shuttle for $15. with no reservation at all. This is true for all of the morning debarkation hours.

Travel time, POM-FLL is approx 35 minutes...depending on traffic.

You said you can score of shuttle for $15 each...is that any shuttle?

Are there lots of shuttles waiting at POM? We have a reservation with SAS, but with recent problems, I want to have a back up.

I am assuming you head out of customs terminal and can grab a shuttle. Right?

You said you can score of shuttle for $15 each...is that any shuttle?

Are there lots of shuttles waiting at POM? We have a reservation with SAS, but with recent problems, I want to have a back up.

I am assuming you head out of customs terminal and can grab a shuttle. Right?

Yes. Last Sunday (1/17) we came out of customs (Carnival Glory) wherein I had called Steve (SAS) to tell him that we were almost ready for pickup. Some of our group were ahead of me and told me that there was a shuttle operator "right here" who would take us to FLL for $15. We had already committed to SAS, so we declined, but nevertheless it happened. :) SAS was there in less than 10 minutes.

If you are only a party of two, it is possible that you would have a slight delay while they picked up others to fill the van.

Thanks for the good review on SAS..I will plan on doing what you did...call him like instructed in confirmation of reservation. If there are any problems, I now know that there is alternative ways to get to FLL w/o reservations. We have a 1 pm flight..so don't really have tons of time to wait for shuttles.

good to know for next time...we were booked with SAS post cruise but lately the FEEDBACK had me worried so i went with the ships transfer to the airport, but we are using SAS from FLL to POM HI pre-cruise...but GOOD to know about OTHER options...cos there is always gonna be ANOTHER CRUISE...well HOPEFULLY;);)

does the shuttle also run FLL to Miami port?? Do I need reservation?
Yes it does...a reservation is not a bad idea. Look up SAS transportation on google and email them with your times and dates. You will likely have a reply within 24 hours. For us, it was seamless and easy. All it took was a cell call when we were ready to be picked up.

Debating whether a savings of $60 (total) to fly to FLL is worth the hassle and time to get a shuttle from FLL to Miami

comments???

Be sure to factor in the cost of taxi/cruiseline shuttle or other means to get from MIA to POM. Coming and going.

and I am assuming the shuttle is $15 each way??

Yeppers... :)

Side point: R U in southern Ohio? Where are you leaving from?

I am using them as well...have given up on SAS.

I am having trouble getting a confirmation from SAS....he was so good answering questions before I made the rezzy, but not since, despite a second request to do so. We don't need him until Feb. 28th, but still would like to have a firm date.

M.

I just got a quote from Qualitylimoservice.com saying they have a running shuttle from FLL to POM . . . .

I WILL email them, but does anyone know if Quality Limo Svc will pick up at Port Everglades and take us to Miami airport?

Other suggestions? Wary of SAS at the moment but not sure what the probs are that people have been having with them.

I am having trouble getting a confirmation from SAS....he was so good answering questions before I made the rezzy, but not since, despite a second request to do so. We don't need him until Feb. 28th, but still would like to have a firm date.

M.

We to are cruising on Feb. 28th and have SAS booked. I made a reservation via his website for our transportation from FLL to our hotel on the 27th and post cruise. He replied to me last night (one week later) with my confirmation and a price quote of 13.00 per person.

I had been reading the reviews on CC and the good seemed to totally outway the bad. Due to the reviews I was not expecting a response right away. I feel confident in knowing our transports will go smooth.

We recently booked SAS for the FLL airport to Miami Cruise Terminal and back on our recent cruise - Carnival Glory Dec 12,2009. We made the reservation via e-mail about three months in advance and we confirmed the week before with Steve, also on line. On the day of departure we were called by the driver to confirm his time of arrival (as confirmed with our booking) for our pick-up at the hotel that morning. He arrived on time in a brand-new large van and after one other stop we drove to the Miami Cruise terminal which was an overall pleasant trip. On the return just after we got our bags off the carousal we called Steve as we were instructed by the outbound driver and met the new driver at the curbside for again a pleasant ride to FLL airport. Both drivers were curtious, knowledgable and fun.

Not sure what all the hub-bub is :eek: but would use SAS without question again.:D

I WILL email them, but does anyone know if Quality Limo Svc will pick up at Port Everglades and take us to Miami airport?

Other suggestions? Wary of SAS at the moment but not sure what the probs are that people have been having with them.

Their website says that they specialize in SHUTTLE Service from & to

Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Palm Beach Airport, Hotels, Port of Miami, Port Everglades & Miami Beach.

We just used SAS last week- They were great- we had arranged pick up at our hotel in downtown Fort Lauderdale at 1100- at 1101 they called my cell and said a driver was on her way- she arrived at 1105- we then went south on 95 for an exit or two, picked up 7 people at a Hilton Garden Inn and jumped back on 95- the driver got a call telling her that there was an accident on 95, she got off, took an alternate route that ran parallel to 95 and got us to the port promptly- on the way back, we got off the ship so quickly, we didn't have a chance to call SAS- it was only 0730- we went outside, there was an SAS van there, he was full but he flagged down a second van who stopped and took us to FLL- We were at our gate at FLL by 0830! Loved the service-

I just got a quote from Qualitylimoservice.com saying they have a running shuttle from FLL to POM . . . for $15 each.

Their website says that they specialize in SHUTTLE Service from & to Fort Lauderdale, MiamiAirport, Hotels, Port of Miami, Port Everglades & Miami Beach.

I got a quote from QLS this morning for Port Everglades to MIA ... unfortunately NOT for $15pp as michellejed was told, but $35 pp . . . more than double. :( I emailed to get clarification (twice) but they have not responded.

Guess they would rather I go with SAS.

Is it feasable to think we could get ground transportation (not pre-arranged) to MIA after disembarkation at Port Everglades? Flight is not 'til 8 PM.

Is it feasable to think we could get ground transportation (not pre-arranged) to MIA after disembarkation at Port Everglades? Flight is not 'til 8 PM.

Shouldn't be a problem. If it was me, I would ask Steve (SAS) about it when you contact him. Basically FLL, MIA, POM, PE is like one big circle that taxis and shuttles can travel and fill with fares.

Thanks all for taking time to reply here ....

I did hear back from QLS ... it IS $35 pp for PE to MIA.

Also got a reply from Steve at SAS ... they are not accepting any reservations for pick-up at PE at present, nor are they going to MIA "at this time." Heavily booked.

Guess it's car rental time.

Finally 3 days later I heard from Steve......seems he didn't have my rezzie, altho' I'm sure I sent one from his web site.

Soooooo......sent another one and heard back fairly promptly with confirmation.

M.

I had a problem with SAS on January 17th. I was told that I could catch a shuttle for FLL from POM and pay with a credit card. I was picked up on time, but taken to a tour bus that filled with passengers to FLL and was told thats how I was getting to FLL and they only took cash. I was lucky I had some left in my purse because I was not prepared to pay that way. We also waited for about 45 minutes for the bus to fill before we left POM.

Just heard back from Quality.

Shuttle from FLL to LaQuinta Inn at Miami ariport will be $26 pp each way. There goes the savings that we got flying into FLL (however the times are still better)

Anyone have any other places to try. We are coming with just two, so that makes it higher per person. Still thinking of trying the Tri-Rail.

Archived