NCL Jewel - Jan 10-17 2009: The Polar Fleece Cruise

arabrab

Just read the review - greatly written!!! I had to laugh at the 'Polar Fleece' - looks like you picked the wrong week weatherwise!! Never mind, your review was very good.

As for the beds ..... well, we have been on 4 NCL ships: Spirit 2006 (pre-freestyle 2.0) - hard, Pearl and Jade - excellent, Sun - hard.

Jewel was the first of the Jewel class ships to be built (then Jade, Pearl and finally Gem). So our next cruise, "sleep-well-wise" would be on Pearl, Jade, Gem or Epic.

Great review. We were on the Jewel the week before and we also had only mediocre weather. However, like you, we still managed to have a really good time. We were disembarking as you were embarking, and yes, it was freezing that day. The rpevious week it had been cloudy and cool--in the 50's--but the day you left it was in the low 30's--very unusal for Miami. You made note of some of the same things that we really liked--particularly the bridge viewing room. However, we only found it by accident, it is certainly not advertised and it was very interesting. We also went to Maya Chan Beach--it was pretty cool and cloudy that day, but the food was so great and the drinks so good that we still ahd a great time. Taht is a really special place. I felt fortunate to ahve discovered that option.

The bed thing kind of surprises me--as I felt the bed was the most comfortable I had EVER experienced and my son loved his couch "bed". My sister had an inside cabin and loved her bed. I wonder if some of the rooms have been upgraded--or is it perhaps, simply a difference in preference.

Very well written review and I enjoyed it. I was on the same cruise and found several things a bit different than you but one thing we both agree on is the cleanliness. We too enjoyed the wonderful breads, muffins and pastry. We had much better luck than you in several of the food areas but food is very subjective. Thanks!:)

I hope my review gets posted.

Archived