Changing to MTD on ship

Will it be difficult to change to MTD after we get on the ship? (Adventure of the Seas) Our daughter is not going to be able to go with us on the cruise. If we cancelled her, our rate would go up and cost us more for 2 people that all 3 of us. We've decided to just have her be a "no show" on advice from the RC rep. Without her, we would prefer to have MTD, but don't want to sign up for it now and have to prepay gratuities for her. We've already lost her whole cruise fare. Is it so popular that we'll have a problem switching to it? We don't mind to go ahead and pay the gratuities for us as soon as we board. Just wondering what our chances are. Thanks!

I plan to do that asap. I was just wondering how popular MTD is and if anyone has been denied because it is full. We chose the early seating for dinner initially because of my daughter. We didn't want her to miss activities, but now would rather just be flexible. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!

They have the gratuities form at the MTD desk for you to fill out on the first day. Your only plan is to get there early and hope they have spots. It all depends on how many have signed up for it. I've been on cruises where plenty were available, and other where only 10 spots were.

Will it be difficult to change to MTD after we get on the ship? (Adventure of the Seas) Our daughter is not going to be able to go with us on the cruise. If we cancelled her, our rate would go up and cost us more for 2 people that all 3 of us. We've decided to just have her be a "no show" on advice from the RC rep. Without her, we would prefer to have MTD, but don't want to sign up for it now and have to prepay gratuities for her. We've already lost her whole cruise fare. Is it so popular that we'll have a problem switching to it? We don't mind to go ahead and pay the gratuities for us as soon as we board. Just wondering what our chances are. Thanks!

I have a better idea...take me with you and then you will not lose your cruise fare! :D I live just up the road from you in the Tri-Cities. ;)

Seriously, we tried to get into My Time Dining on the Liberty and were told we could not. We had originally asked for a table for two - for late seating, and had been put at a table for 10, consisting with only two other people that did not mesh well with us. :rolleyes: It worked out that we were able to change tables and had a lovely week with a couple we met from Germany.

On our last cruise - the AOS, we were able to get that table for two. In fact, I am not even sure they had MTD on the AOS. If they did, perhaps it was on another deck, as we were on the main floor of the dining room.

Good luck!

We cruised the Grandeur on 1/9/10 and when we booked only 1st seating was available. We got waitlisted for MTD and prepaid tips but were assigned 1st seating upon embarking. We tried to get MTD for two days but they said they were full. As a result we only ate in main dining room one night and went to Windjammer the other nights.Hope they increase their MTD area in the future.

Archived