Eurodam- Cooking Class question

kent4489

We're sailing on the Eurodam next month and I'm interested in the cooking class. Can anyone provide some description of the class? Is it possible to book before cruising or will I need to do it onboard? Does it fill up quickly?

Thanks!

This is only the 3rd time posting a message, so I hope I am doing it in the correct manner...

While aboard the Westerdam, last Spring Break, we participated in the cooking class with the chef of the Pinnacle Grill. I think it cost about $30.00. We really enjoyed the experience. At first, all of the participants were a bit shy and keeping to themselves. Pretty soon, however, we were joking like old buddies. Then, we all shared the meal we created. We carried our plates to the Pinnacle Grill and were served a glass of wine to complement the meal.

You can only book the cooking class once you are on the ship.

The cost is $29 per person and the class is limited to 12 people.

Once you are on the ship -- go to the front desk to sign up. There will be more than 1 class -- so check the times, dates and what is being prepared before you sign up.

We were on the Eurodam at Christmas. I signed up for the class by calling special services before hand. I paid for it before the cruise and when I got on board I went to the front desk and signed up for a specific class.

There were about 12 of us at a cooking class by the chef of the Tamarind. We were all on the "stage" and helped prepare 3 dishes: ribs, a salad and a fruit compote. We cut up some veggies and helped where we could. We were all given recipes and aprons. After the meal was ready we all sat down and ate together.

It was lots of fun; one of the best things I've done on a cruise ship.

Enjoy!

Yes, you can call special services and book the cooking class ahead of time as a former poster stated. It is $29.00 pp and I just signed up yesterday for our cruise at the end of Feb. There were still a few openings according to the Special Services person I spoke with. She also said that you will not know which speciality rest. is offering the class until you pick up your confirmation at the Front Desk upon boarding. I did talk my DH into doing it too as it sounds like a lot of fine.

I picked one of our sea days to do the class so that it would not interfer with a port.

Hope this works for you.

next trip?

When I tried to book ahead for my Westerdam cruise a couple of weeks ago I was told I could pay for it, but I could not book it. In other words, they would take my money, but they could not guarantee me a spot, I would have to sign up on board. If there were no spots open they would refund the money.

The class was fun, but for us it was much less hands-on than I expected. There were a couple of people that got to stir some stuff in the pots/pans, but for the most part we just watched. We did get to go to the Pinnacle and feast on the end result. We also got a paper chef's hat (not a big deal) and a cloth apron (useful).

I am not sure I would do it again. I did learn a few things from the chef, and it was fun, but I would have liked it to be more hands on.

You can only book the cooking class once you are on the ship.

Incorrect - you can prebook for not only yourself but for others in your party, or if you are on land and have friends/family cruising you can call up Special Services and book a class for them (it's a gift). The Party Planner on board (who manages the class spots) closes off spaces according to how many prebookings there are in each of the classes and then contacts the guestsn board once on board to see which class the guests want to sign up for (most ships offer more than one class). On my Ryndam cruise 3 weeks ago, there were 7 guests presigned up for classes, which closed off 7 out of the 12 spots for 2 different classes until they had decided. Our Party Planner, Danielle, was really pushing for them to decide asap.

We cut up some veggies and helped where we could. We were all given recipes and aprons. After the meal was ready we all sat down and ate together.

So - how is it as a class? Do they teach technique (like the correct way to use a knife or how to flip food in the air while sauteeing) Or is it more like a group of people socially cooking, and then eating, together?

So - how is it as a class? Do they teach technique (like the correct way to use a knife or how to flip food in the air while sauteeing) Or is it more like a group of people socially cooking, and then eating, together?

They did teach some technique, and gave some good cooking tips, but our class was much more the social cooking thing.

We were on the Eurodam at Christmas. I signed up for the class by calling special services before hand. I paid for it before the cruise and when I got on board I went to the front desk and signed up for a specific class.

There were about 12 of us at a cooking class by the chef of the Tamarind. We were all on the "stage" and helped prepare 3 dishes: ribs, a salad and a fruit compote. We cut up some veggies and helped where we could. We were all given recipes and aprons. After the meal was ready we all sat down and ate together.

It was lots of fun; one of the best things I've done on a cruise ship.

Enjoy!

It was the same for the Jan 9th sailing of Eurodam. Same chef, same menu and recipes. LOVED it. I'm actually making the ribs tonight

Archived