price of specialty Resturants

ckr31

What is the price per person for specialty Restaurants like Sabatini's,or sterlings steak house,and are they worth the extra cash

Can't remember the exact prices, $20 - $25 per head but whatever it is they are very much worth every penny.

I'm a little conflicted. I've always thought the food in the MDRs was fabulous. Are the specialty restaurants that much better?

I think they are, IE Crown Grill. The split and grilled live Maine lobster was outstanding.

Just a different atmosphere and change of pace.

We don't do them all the time but once or twice on a cruise.

I also think the dining rooms are excellent as well.

I'm a little conflicted. I've always thought the food in the MDRs was fabulous. Are the specialty restaurants that much better?

Some people think they are. I'm not a foodie; wrong one to ask. We went to Sabatini's last cruise because we had never tried it. OK. Tried it. Not going back. Crown Grill on the Crown last year. Fine. Anthing special? Didn't think so. We will go back to the Crown for a special occasion because the atmosphere is different. But we're not going back for the food.

We think the food is better and it's a nicer less hurried atmosphere too.

Do you feel rushed in the diningroom? We've never felt that way and we dine 6:30 ish.

No I've never felt rushed in the MDR's.. What I meant was that they're just too busy, i.e too many people. We just prefer to eat in smaller more relaxed surroundings and the speciality restaurants have the added bonus that they're smart casual all the time, no formal..!!

I have read on previous threads that it takes 2 to 2 1/2 hrs to dine at Sabatini's. Does it take that long at the Crown Grill? I like to take my time eating but I also enjoy the evening entertainment and would hate to miss out :D

Yes, sometimes. Not if you're only two people, but with a group it will take longer. Also depends on how crowded they are too.

Does it cost extra to eat in the International Cafe? I'm planning to buy a coffee card and I've heard the chicken salad is really good.;)

No charge for food, other than the gelato. The IC is not a restaurant, it is an area within the deck 5 Atrium that has a few small tables and chairs.

I have read on previous threads that it takes 2 to 2 1/2 hrs to dine at Sabatini's. Does it take that long at the Crown Grill? I like to take my time eating but I also enjoy the evening entertainment and would hate to miss out :D

It really takes as long as you want.

If you want to eat fast just tell the server.

No it doesn't need take that long in the Crown Grill. It can do if you wish but we've been in and out of there within an hour on a couple of occasions by just telling the waiter we needed to get away.

We always get a table for 2 in the MDR. We don't eat all the courses either. Consequently, we find the service very slow in the MDR.

The food is about the same in the MDR and the Speciality Restrauants.

We are actually happier with the buffet than the MDR or SR.

But we don't cruise for the food anyway, we eat better at home. :)

We have dined at both Sabatinis and the Crown Grill aboard the Crown Princess.

We had an absolute wonderful dining experience at Sabatinis!Location was perfect on the Crown with the color fountain just through our window.The Crown Grill (similiar to Sterlings Steak House) was another steak house.

I believe your not only paying for food quality,but ambience and superior service!

Try both,you won't regret it!We'll see you there!

Archived