reccomendations for seattle and vancouver hotels

49holding

Would like to stay in seattle central to everything ( cruising out of Vancouver) and then post cruise downtown Vancouver. Family of 4 so I am a bit leary of priceline and would like to keep hotel nite per costs closer to $100 esp in Seattle as we are staying 2 nites with the first nite arriving after 11p. Also does anyone know where quick shuttle picks up in seattle???

Quick shuttle picks up at the airport...don't think they do downtown Seattle stops, but I could be wrong there. Even though you are leary of Priceline I don't think you would have any trouble at a 4* in Vancouver getting a 2 bed room...all of the places that come up there have a good track record for being accomodating. Don't know when you will be there, but the Hyatt is coming up a lot for June and July dates in the $60 to 68 per night range and it is right over a sky train stop, although any of the downtown Vancouver 4* places have great locations.

Seattle might be a different story....not an expert on the area, but nice hotels downtown seem quite pricey...we ended up Pricelining 2 rooms in Renton (Hilton Garden Inn $32/room/night with a free airport shuttle) for our late night arrival and rented a car for sightseeing the next day and it was WAY cheaper than getting 1 room downtown, cabbing it there from the airport and using public transportation to sightsee. Airport zone would have worked also, but 3* hotel reviews there were variable and they all charge for parking, so decided on Renton area, still close to airport with free shuttle for arrival night, then I can hop the shuttle back to the airport next AM, pick up rental car and go back to hotel to get the family. We can sight see all day and drive back to airport to drop off car and catch quick shuttle to Vancouver....and still saved about $100 over cabbing it from airport to hotel downtown, staying 2 nights and geting back to airport.

May not work for you...but I was not finding any bargains in Seattle on hotels that looked decent and was afraid to try the Priceline thing DT because of reports of small single bedded rooms in some locations.

We got an excellent rate at the Comfort Suites Seattle Center for our group in June.. don't know what the rates are the rest of the season but it's near the Space Needle, they have shuttle to Pioneer Square area and complimentary Continental breakfast each a.m. We didn't want to spend a lot of money to stay in the pricier hotels but save it for Alaska!

We resolved that problem by just booking two rooms, and just asking for adjoining rooms. Through priceline we booked the Hilton Seatac for 46 and will have a little privacy too. Can't beat the price. I wouldn't have gone over 50 for budget concerns though too. Nancy

Vol Fan Mom...don't think you will find any hotels in the downtown area that offer complimentary shuttle service from the airport...it is a long way from there...most 4* hotels will have or be happy to arrange for you airport transportation for a fee....the prices I saw when looking at DT hotels ranged from $14 to $18 per person each way...a cab would probably be cheaper if there are more than 2 of you.

Vol Fan Mom...don't think you will find any hotels in the downtown area that offer complimentary shuttle service from the airport...it is a long way from there...most 4* hotels will have or be happy to arrange for you airport transportation for a fee....the prices I saw when looking at DT hotels ranged from $14 to $18 per person each way...a cab would probably be cheaper if there are more than 2 of you.

Thanks. There will be 4 of us and I was hoping to save the taxi fare. Looks like that is the only way to go.

Caroline,

What kind of rate did you get at the Comfort Suites and where did you get it? Did you do Priceline or did you just go to the Comfort Inn web site? That's downtown, right? How will you get there from the airport? How many nights are you staying? WIll you go on to Vancouver from there? So many questions.....sorry.

I was also very wary of Priceline, but finally bit the bullet and used it, and we couldn't have been happier with our hotels. In Seattle we got the Best Western Executive for $55 a night - huge rooms, great location one block from the Space Needle and walking distance to everything else we wanted to see - they had a shuttle service if we needed it, but they don't do the SEATAC run. The cab fare from most places to SEATAC is set at $25.

If you're looking at Priceline, make sure you check out http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding to see what others have been paying and what hotels they're getting

Though I may have mentioned this before, renting a car from the airport to downtown is an option. You can take a bit of a tour around seattle, check in, and then return the car to a downtown location. We did that last year and walked 5 blocks back to the hotel, though I think they would have gotten us a cab. Really worked out well.

I too am looking for hotels in vancourver and seattle. I would like to know what terminal the Sereneade of Seas pulls into and how long a taxi it is from either bus or train station. I would like the name of area hotels so we can arrive in vancourver by bus or train night before cruise then catch a shuttle to port. fFollowing return I would like to get shuttle to seattle and have name of hotel to stay at airport area for 1 night before return flight

I am not opposed to doing priceline but not really sure where the hotels are I am looking for

Archived