Which princess staff usually attend a meet & greet

MTJSR

On the Jan 2-9 Crown Princess, the captain and the cd came to our meet and greet. The CD also bought a round of drinks. We were a small group that showed up, but enjoyed the time they spent with us and the information they shared. I guess it is different on every ship. Or how busy they are. :)

colo: you might (defintely) would have to make a special precruise request but a real show-stopper would be Martin Hall.......side splitting laughter. Keep it on the back-burner for when you really want some Entertainment, he sacrifices his own posture for a laugh and is also charming but alarming in his own british way terms of candid-ness ....hopefully you can pull the rabbit out of your hat!

It seems it varies from ship to ship (due to the staff). When working on our meet and greet for my last cruise, I got the email address for the CD from another roll call. The CD replied and said he would set a couple up for us (he flaked on the first one). He put a notice in the Patters for the Cruise Critic meeting, including "for registered members." He didn't show up, but one of his staff did with a champagne bottle to pour for us. Only one passenger showed up who had never posted on our roll call; he did admit to lurking.

On our Diamond cruise Bangkok to Whittier last year we had The Captain, The CD and I think the deputy CD.

On Holland Americ Rotterdam we had The Captain, The CD and the Hotel Manager. They in particular were quite intrigued WHY we are called Cruise CRITIC - feeling that it was a very negative name for what usually turns out to be very positive people. Must say - I tend to agree;)

On our cruises, I found those who attended genuinely seemed happy to be there mingling with the passengers and listening to various opinions on all sorts of subjects.

Archived