Which princess staff usually attend a meet & greet

MTJSR

A member of our Golden Princess roll call group has made contact with the ships Princess rep. She stated that she will provide the current staff names and their positions, and we can invite whomever we want from that list. Additionally they will provide a staff member for pay bar service and dry snacks. My question, who normally makes a point of attending when invited by a roll call group. Do they ever put a notice in the Patter, if requested at the Pursers desk upon boarding.

A member of our Golden Princess roll call group has made contact with the ships Princess rep. She stated that she will provide the current staff names and their positions, and we can invite whomever we want from that list. Additionally they will provide a staff member for pay bar service and dry snacks. My question, who normally makes a point of attending when invited by a roll call group. Do they ever put a notice in the Patter, if requested at the Pursers desk upon boarding.

When I sent invites out in Oct, these showed up.

Capt

Staff Capt

PSD

MD

F&B manager

CD

I was told they don't like to put it in the patter because it attracts people for the wrong reasons.

They may say CC meeting instead of Cruise Critics.

If you ask the Cruise Director directly he/she may include it in the patter. You need to do it before 5pm the day before the meet and greet.

On the Star the CD put one in on turnaround day because we had 1200 passengers remaining. It was his initiative and as it turned out 3 people appeared. We had the proper one the next day and there were about 50. The CD or one/some of the CD staff will appear if you invite the CD. The others are very hit and miss depending on their workload.

Capt

Staff Capt

PSD

MD

F&B manager

CD

I was told they don't like to put it in the patter because it attracts people for the wrong reasons.

You have a lot of clout, they dare not show up.:D But generally you will not get this turn out. And then they might send no one also.:eek:

Keith - Too funny!

When we were on the Emerald in 2008 I was in charge of setting up our M&G. I left personal invitations at the Pursers Desk for the Captain, CD & Hotel Manager inviting them & their staff. It was great - the 3 of them did attend our first get together at Adagio for Happy Hour & great conversation!:D

On our cruise on the Grand Princess jan 4 th They put a CC meeting notice in the Patter . At the meeting they had open bar and salty snacks . The Cruise director and assisant cruise director both came . they stayed about 45 min ansering all our questions . They both were interested on our comments of what we thought of the cruise and how they could improve it . Very good meeting . They both mentioned that they hate to put the CC meeting in the patter as a lot of people who dont belong at meeting just come to complain . CARL

Capt

Staff Capt

PSD

MD

F&B manager

CD

Maybe they could list it as "Friends of Merrill S" . . .

I arranged a M&G on the Ruby in December. I invited lots of officers. No one showed up except the CD and then she only did because I stopped her in the hallway the night before and re-invited her. We had such a wonderful M&G on NCL. We were treated like royalty. It's such a shame Princess doesn't give a hoot about CC. Are you listening Princess?

I arranged a M&G on the Ruby in December. I invited lots of officers. No one showed up except the CD and then she only did because I stopped her in the hallway the night before and re-invited her. We had such a wonderful M&G on NCL. We were treated like royalty. It's such a shame Princess doesn't give a hoot about CC. Are you listening Princess?

I couldn't agree with you more...

Archived