Splendor ~ Any pictures of cabin #9201...

Rocky2006

Hi, Denise! I have pictures, but I think they apply more to 9201 on Splendor than your Magic cabin. I was in 7203 for two weeks on Splendor:

683016068307_0_ALB.jpg

304016068307_0_ALB.jpg

983016068307_0_ALB.jpg

Notice Essie has claimed a spot already. But, she agreed to share...

Carolyn Jane

Thanks Carolyn, I bet they are similar but ours is a HC so I imagine it will be a bit bigger. Hope to see you and Essie sailing with us on the Oct 16th Magic! :)

Anyone have pictures taken from the Deck looking toward the windows from the outside?

Ask, and you shall receive...

This is cabin 9202 on Splendor (I was snoopy on my turnaround day, when all doors were open...):

302256068307_0_ALB.jpg

591256068307_0_ALB.jpg

802256068307_0_ALB.jpg

Lots of space, big HC bathroom, but almost no storage!!!!!

163616068307_0_ALB.jpg

454016068307_0_ALB.jpg

You can just barely see Essie in the window here:

663616068307_0_ALB.jpg

They say you can see in at night when lights are on, but I don't think there will be many out on the little deck at night, and it is VERY windy when you are at sea...Carolyn Jane

I just got off the Splendor and this was our room. The lady that it was originally reserved for could not make the trip so they let me and my husband have it. The front deck is used alot especially early in the morning and in the evening during the sunsets. I will agree with the other poster, you had better keep your drapes closed because people can see in. If you have mobility issues, like a hard time walking, this is NOT the room for you. On the way back to Long Beach, it is a very rough ride, you will have a hard time standing and keeping your balance, at least my husband had these problems. I have been on many cruises and this was the first one that I actually got seasick from, in fact there were a couple of times I thought that I was going to fall out of bed.

The room itself is large and really nice, the bathroom is huge, in fact I honestly think two wheelchairs could fit in there with no problems. You will have a lot of noise from the shower drain, but it is not bad. You will also get alot of noise with the outside doors (that are on the other side of the bathroom) being shut. One other problem that my husband had was the distance between the room and the dining facilities. Room 9292 is in the very front of the ship and the dining facilities are in the very back of the ship which made it hard for him. It would take him a good 10 minutes to walk just to the first pool and then he would have to sit and rest to continue to the buffet area.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Carolyn for the additional pics! Bummer about the lack of storage. Distance to the dining room wont be an issue for me since I have my TravelScoot. I was aware that we would feel more motion of the ocean in this location...it will be interesting to see how we do...this will be cruise #24 for me and might be the first one that I get sea sick on LOL.

I'm a bit worried now...I thought we had a good cabin...do you know if head of the bed is directly under the window?

From what I understand 9201 is the regular size oceanview cabin, only cabins 9202 and 9203 are the larger handicapped cabins. When it comes to where the head of the bed is in 9201 us, I don't know. I would suspect that they are under the window since the other two pictures show that the beds are under the windows.

No, my pictures of 7203 show the beds perpendicular to the window. The night stand is between the bed and the window. You can walk between the bed and the window.

Denise, I didn't feel the motion of the ocean much up there, but what I felt in rough seas was as thopugh the drivedr was hitting every pothole...Carolyn

• 1 month later...

Archived