Do you feel the ocean more on the Liberty

thrltr

DW and I have decided on the Liberty however when I read the reviews it seems that several of the posters say that they could feel the ocean more than they would care to. I have been on the Mariner and the holliday so far and I could tell the difference in the two ships as far as movement....so should I stay away or is it just the normal rocking that we all have come to know and love?;)

Depends on the seas how much rocking you will feel. Most say the smaller ships you feel the rocking more than the newer ships.

I was with someone on Voyager, sister to Mariner who says never sailing RCL again, the ships built wrong because she felt more motion than on Carnival.

If the seas were equal you should feel the seas and rocking less on Liberty than you did on Holiday.

I've been on the Liberty twice. The last time, mid December, was the most i've ever felt the boat rock. I'm unsure if the stabalizers were turned off, or if it was rough seas, but you could definatly feel it. i'd suggest taking some of those behind the ear patches just to be on the safe side.

I've been on the Liberty 3 times too, and loved everyday on it, really had know problems, all 3 rooms were forward, port, one on lido and the other riviera. Don't compare this ship to the Holiday, that ship was about 25 years older and 1/3 the size.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I was on the Holiday once and felt quite a bit of motion but this was back in 2001 and the seas were rough and that ship was only about 45,000 tons or so compared to a Conquest class ship like the Liberty that is 110,000 tons.

I've been on aConquest class ship 9 times in all different seasons and only 2 times was motion an issue.

I've never been more than a bit queezy on any ship regardless of the motion but you might be more suseptable, so as others have said bring your patch or what ever you think might help. For me if I am feeling queezy I just make sure to always have some light snacks available because it seems to be worse if I let myself get too hungry.

I cruised on the Liberty in December, 2009. This was our first cruise and I can tell you that ship rocked ALOT more than I expected it to. In fact during the last night the ship listed big time. This has prevented me from booking another cruise!!

DW and I have decided on the Liberty however when I read the reviews it seems that several of the posters say that they could feel the ocean more than they would care to. I have been on the Mariner and the holliday so far and I could tell the difference in the two ships as far as movement....so should I stay away or is it just the normal rocking that we all have come to know and love?;)

IMO it isn't the ships themselves, most likely, it's the weather and sea conditions that dictate how much motion is felt.

I agree. I was on the Liberty late October, western itinerary. Our stateroom was on the Riviera deck, and we didnt feel any motion to speak of. But as MamaParrotHead says, it depends on the seas and weather more than the ships. :)

Archived