Welcome Home, Sail7Seas!!

HeatherInFlorida

If my mindclock isn't completely out of whack, it's about that time for Sail7Seas to return home to hearth and fire.

Sail, I want to welcome you home and let you know you were missed. But you've been away during a time that the boards have been very difficult to access so you haven't missed too much because it was hard to get on to post!!!

So, welcome back and when you've come down to earth from what I hope was a wonderful experience, please tell us all about it! 01

Shouldn't you be welcoming home everybody who has been cruising? I enjoy hearing everybodys storys and they all have valuable tales to tell, no? I love this message place and read a lot more than I post, but sometimes it seems to be more for some people than others. :confused:

Yes, of course I welcome home everyone:) . But I don't know everyone who's coming home this weekend. That would take more research than I have the time for right now.

Sail is a valuable member of this board who has contributed an enormous amount and I particularly wanted to welcome her home. If there is someone who you feel has helped you personally, I wish you would welcome them as well.

Adamsmark and Tommy: I'm going to try to explain this thread another way. Many of us are very anxious to hear how Sail felt about her recent cruise. She has cruised HAL many, many times and so we are interested to hear how she felt this cruise measured up to past cruises. If you follow these boards regularly you probably know there have been many threads and posts about people disappointed in HAL recently. As a loyal HAL cruiser, I believe Sail's opinions are very important.

Many on this board feel the same way and this thread is my way of soliciting her feelings. I don't have her email address since I am not a personal friend of hers.

You will see on another thread that Grumpy and Slinkie are sharing their current experience on the Prisendam and many of us are very interested in that as well. This is not a personal note to Sail. It is of interest to everyone.

I felt the same way just wasnt going to say it.This board is becoming a chat board. TOM

Gee, you think? ;) What else is it supposed to be? How can you complain about cruise related topics, such as welcoming someone home from their much anticipated cruise.

If you don't like the topic, simply move on.

Shouldn't you be welcoming home everybody who has been cruising? I enjoy hearing everybodys storys and they all have valuable tales to tell, no? I love this message place and read a lot more than I post, but sometimes it seems to be more for some people than others. :confused:

Well, get in there and post and get to know others if you feel it "is more for some than others!"

Those of you objecting to someone welcoming home a fellow cruiser and CC poster are just too much.

Again, if you don't like the topic, it's not that hard to change the page to another thread.

Maybe it is a full moon, but I see their point.

If people want to do the welcome routine, why not welcome everyone back?

Dramamama was on the same cruise and has posted some comments on a thread started by Tommy "Veendam". Why not welcome her also?

I feel everyone's comments are important. First time cruisers, second time cruisers and those with many cruises.

Heather,I dont think she needs to be asked she has well over 5000 post,and I did not have anything against your posting.Ekerr if you dont like a reply you could have not replied also right. No big deal.It does seem the people with the most post have a one sided opinion,and are very confrontational with those who dont agree.I know this is getting way off topic and I will stop.Welcome back to everyone off the Veendam we are booked on her in Oct. TOM

I would like to welcome S7S home also. She has answered many questions I have had in the past and I value her reviews. S7S, hope your trip was filled with much pampering and relaxation for you and your DH. Now tell us all the many details of your cruise. Can't wait to hear.

I'd take it to email and I know others here who feel the same. ;)

Last I looked there was no requirement that you read every thread. But if there are others you'd like to welcome back, then start a thread and do so - no one will stop you...

You too, Tommy - you can start any thread you'd like, and so can Heather.

Maybe it is a full moon, but I see their point.

If people want to do the welcome routine, why not welcome everyone back?

Dramamama was on the same cruise and has posted some comments on a thread started by Tommy "Veendam". Why not welcome her also?

If you want to welcome "everyone" back, go ahead and do so. I don't know Dramamama; I'd feel uncomfortable offering a welcome home to someone I've never had an exchange with.

-dave

Tommy - I understand your point of view and don't disagree. It does seem silly when selected posters are made out to be like a celebrity with fan-fare welcome homes and bon voyages. The thing is.. the HAL board doesn't get much action like the other cruiseline boards. A few of the regulars have become friends. As such.. because there is no Private Messaging, this is the only forum they have for communication. I would encorage anyone who thinks a Private Message feature for this board would be good to let the webmasters know. In the meantime while there isn't such feature just skip to the next topic.

Welcome home everyone who just came back from their recent voyages. I hope you all had smooth sailings and a positive experience.

..... A few of the regulars have become friends. As such.. because there is no Private Messaging, this is the only forum they have for communication....

This is really not the only forum for communication between posters. When personal relationships develop on a board then that is the time to take it to email. I read this board a whole lot and have learned so much, but this is not the first time this subject of personal posts has come up, most often involving some of the same people. I think emailing is what most people who have been active on a board like this for a long time do to continue their conversations. Sorry if I was 'out of line' for speaking up when I don't have thousands of posts. :eek:

This is really not the only forum for communication between posters. When personal relationships develop on a board then that is the time to take it to email. I read this board a whole lot and have learned so much, but this is not the first time this subject of personal posts has come up, most often involving some of the same people. I think emailing is what most people who have been active on a board like this for a long time do to continue their conversations. Sorry if I was 'out of line' for speaking up when I don't have thousands of posts. :eek:

I don't think you are out of line at all. You are entitled to your views just as others feel they are entitled to theirs.

Yes, this subject has come up and I do agree there are times that there is too much personal chit chat that does not belong on the board. I think email should be used for those types of conversations.

For those who missed it, may I reiterate ... I don't know Sail personally, I do not have her email address ... this is not a personal post. This is a "welcome home", tell us about your trip thread. I'm sad that a few of you have chosen to spoil it.

Incidently, if you visit the Celebrity boards (the only other board I read) you will see many, many very personal threads that have absolutely nothing to do with cruising.

This does. this is not "personal". Please let it be.

A regular poster makes a nice (cruise-related) gesture to greet another regular poster and gets criticized for not mentioning others?????:eek:

Doesn't this sound a little bit petty? :(

If anyone has a problem with any given thread or post, instead of criticizing, the little "alert" triangle can be used to notify the moderators. The hosts can decide what stays or goes.

Archived