Welcome Home, Sail7Seas!!

HeatherInFlorida

This is really not the only forum for communication between posters. When personal relationships develop on a board then that is the time to take it to email. I read this board a whole lot and have learned so much, but this is not the first time this subject of personal posts has come up, most often involving some of the same people. I think emailing is what most people who have been active on a board like this for a long time do to continue their conversations. Sorry if I was 'out of line' for speaking up when I don't have thousands of posts. :eek:

Could you please edxplain why this thread is so offensive to you? Are you unable to simply pass it by (as I pass by dozens of threads every day?). Could you explain how to email someone whose address you do not have?

I really don't care what others think, WELCOME HOME SAIL!!!!!

Yes, this is a MESSAGE BOARD and YES many of us have become friends just like any other board. We just all happen to love cruising and especially this cruise line. If you stick around long enough you too will get to be friends with us:) Cruise Critics has disabled being able to get emails of fellow members so in many cases this is the only way we do have to communicate. Like Dave said if a thread does not interest someone they DO NOT have to read the thread. There are many threads I do not read.

Sail I am so sorry this had to happen on what was a very gracious thought by Heather, if she had not done it I had planned to do it this evening when I returned from being out and about. As a matter of fact I think I have done it for Sail myself in the past and others, why should it suddenly be a problem???:confused: And quess what!!! I am sure one of us will do it for KK next weekend. Probably me because I am really interested in hearing about the second half of their cruise doing the Western Caribbean on the Westerdam and their cabin is just 2 doors down from where we will be.

Again, Welcome Home Sail, you were miss!!!!

Also Welcome anyone else that just arrived home:)

I find the welcome home greetings to those who are "regulars" a great way to open conversations about recent cruises experiences.

If I get on a thread and I have no interest, I move on. I haven't posted that much here. (My first HAL cruise is next month.) I have enjoyed the back-and-forth chatter. It's made me feel that my choice for a cruise on HAL was a good one--I like the friendly atmosphere on this board.

E-mailing is cold and formal--this is spontaneous fun. If you don't enjoy the personal chatting...find another informative thread.

We don't all get a specific "welcome home".

I'm a relative newbie to these boards and it's understandable that those who've been on these boards a bit, do greet each other. (Shocking!)

When I recently posted my excitement about my docs arrival, I had a big smile when I heard from many on this board. :)

This isn't all just about choosing cabins, dining times and shore excursions!

Oh, yeah...

"WELCOME HOME S7S!" :D

I, too, was on the cruise with Sail and unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to meet her. I always enjoyed reading her posts as I am new to HAL. She has helped many of us along the way. I'm sure I passed her many times on that 12 day cruise. One of the best features of the Veendam is its small size. We made many friends and ran into the same people each day. I am completely sold on HAL. It offers so much more than my previous cruises on Princess and Celebrity in terms of service, refinement, quality of food, room service options and stateroom size. These are the things that are important to me. I feel that Princess has better entertainment but I've been around theatre all my life and I enjoy anyone who takes the stage to make our evening a bit more enjoyable.

Welcome home Sail and all others lucky enough to be on a HAL cruise recently!!!

Sail,

Welcome back to the Board. We are looking forward to hearing all about the cruise and your experiences on the Veendam. We are looking to sailing on her in September, 2006 so am very interested in what you have to say about her.;)

Jennie

WELCOME HOME SAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES, this is a chat Board. YES, I get a lot of info from here. NO, I will not take it to e-mail.

I am VERY interested in what Sail has to say about her cruise since I am going on a traditional 10 day cruise with HAL shortly.

Steve Hayes

Welcome home Sail!!!

I take offence to the implication this is a personal board, myself and many others wish bon voyage to those who has let it be known when they are crusing, we welcome home and enjoy reading their reviews, and say so. Which is alot more than the complainers to this thread do, so before you critisize someone's posts get your facts straight.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but this is the silliest objection I have seen in a long time, with all that has been going on in this world lately, more of us should be thankful we still have a home, computer, and this board to share on.:)

Welcome home dramamama as well, glad you enyoyed your cruise :)

........I'm sorry if this offends anyone but this is the silliest objection I have seen in a long time, with all that has been going on in this world lately, more of us should be thankful we still have a home, computer, and this board to share on.smile.gif .......

Ziggy, I just have to tell you this is so well said. Thank you. What is life, really, without just a few "personal" touchesredface.gif ?

I have learned that Sail is safely home and I'm sure she'll post soon. Dramamama, so glad you had such a great time and welcome home. Having cruised as much as I have I don't have a lot of specific questions about embarkation and dining times, but I do so love reading everyone's reviews of their experiences. Between cruises I live vicariously through all of your cruises.

Ekerr if you dont like a reply you could have not replied also right. No big deal.TOM

tommy- Sorry, but I just had to say something - this is just so silly to me. These "welcome home" and "bon voyage" threads have been a part of this board for a very long time - a lot longer than I've been posting. What is so offensive about them? I enjoy reading who is leaving and coming home. I don't always get a chance to post on those threads - but I do enjoy them.

To object when a person posts "can't wait to hear about your cruise" by telling them to "take it to email" defeats the whole purpose of the board - which IS sharing information & experience.

dramamama - welcome home as well, I'm glad to hear you had a great cruise on HAL, I look forward to hearing more about it.

sail, assuming you've made it all the way down to this post... Welcome Home! I am eager to hear your impressions of Veendam as to how it compared to your last cruise on this ship three years ago.

And welcome home, Dramamama! Glad to hear you enjoyed the same cruise. I was sold immediately on HAL, too. :)

Thank you, Heather, and everyone who posted such nice messages. I am sorry they annoyed some folks.

We enjoyed our cruise as well as our stay in Tampa. I surely will write a lengthy review which includes many, many kudos and praises as well as a few disappointments.

I contracted Norwalk Virus which broke out on the ship toward the end of the cruise. I have strong opinion as to how and why I got it. My opinion involves selfish and inconsiderate FELLOW PAX who refused to remain in quarantine despite being strenuously requested to do so in order to keep others healthy and to prevent the spread of the virus.

I'll be back in a few days after I get us organized at home to tell........the rest of the story.

Get well soon, ma'am. I know it wasn't a fun experience for your getaway. I'm always amazed at folks who don't have the sense to keep to themselves when they're contagious. It's so thoughtless and inconsiderate ... whether it's on a cruise ship or at work/school.

Sails, sorry you got sick. I hope I can stay away next week from sick PAX who insist on spreading the virus.

I think I have to tell them off. And not in a nice way either.

Anyway welcome home and get well soon.

Archived