Miami car rental

I've checked the Miami board and can't find a definitive answer. We're on EOS May 30 sailing and our return flight doesn't leave Miami until 8 pm. Want to rent a car to see the city. Are there any rental companies at the port? I saw one post that said rental company vans are there and will take you to the airport, so I guess that would be my second choice.

"He saw himself as a crystal pool of clarity, and viewed his life as a troubled glass of misunderstood virtue."

og719,

We were in Miami last June and we rented from Enterprise, my company has a deal with them. We reserved a car at the airport and dropped it off close to the pier and they shuttled us to the ship no charge. They will try to tell you that you can't board until 1:00 but you can board earlier than that. Have a great cruise. I hope this helps.

We're renting from Alamo -- they also have a free shuttle that goes from their Miami airport location to the port, but it only runs on certain days (Saturdays, and three others --I guess the days they know the cruise ships are in port).

Archived