Priority Disembarkation in Grand Cayman

Island Dog

After reading LAFFNVEGAS' Live thread from the Crown Princess (absolutely wonderful thread) I noticed that they had priority disembakation for the tenders in Grand Cayman, even though they weren't booked for a tour through Princess. They also said it was their first Princess cruise (so they weren't even Captain's Circle member's). How did they do this? We are going on the Crown to Grand Cayman in a few weeks and have a dive trip we booked on our own. The dive operator suggested we get off on the first tender, if possible. Does anyone know how we can arrange this? We have sailed 4 times previous on Princess. Can the Captain's Circle desk arrange this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Priority tender tickets are available to people who book suites and those who have Elite status in Captain's Circle. That doesn't mean that you can just push to the front of the line, but it allows you to go directly the tender pontoon without having to wait in the lounge.

You can still get ashore as early as possible by being up and ready to go at the lounge where tender tickets are issued. If you get there early you stand a good chance on being one of the first to go. In fact, once I was allowed to ride in with the port agent, before anyone else! That was just dumb luck but it was interesting to talk to the fellow and find out what he did.

HI Island Dog,

Somewhere in her thread it was explained that she (Laffenvegas) had attained Elite status by taking Princess courses as a travel agent (I was also curious as she said this was her first Princess cruise and someone asked on the thread). So, I expect this is how she got on a priority tender.

Unless you are going on a tour with someone who has priority, the only way to get off quickly is to go to the appropriate lounge early and be one of the first to get a ticket. Note that this still won't guarentee you spot on the first tender, as the tickets are called on a space available basis. If Princess tours, suites and Elites fill the tender then no tickets are called.

Archived