Transportation from Miami airport to FLL hotel

barberesr

For the same route in April we booked a private towncar sedan with the driver meeting us in baggage claim area for a very reasonable price, approximately the same as a taxi. We went with Larry's Limos after reading good reviews here on CC.

You can search Limos.com to get a price comparison between a number of companies providing service between MIA and Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks. Flying into Miami is $300 cheaper then Ft. Lauderdale, so I will be happy to spend the money for a nice ride.

Any idea how long it takes between Miami airport and Ft. Lauderdale?

It's about 40 - 45 minutes.

You could rent a car at MIA and return it to FLL the next morning after dropping everyone off at the cruise terminal. There is a free shuttle that runs between the FLL car rental terminal and the cruise terminals. Check the FLL web site for a list of car rental companies that are located in the car rental terminal. Those that are not located at FLL run shuttles between their Ft Lauderdale office and the cruise terminals.

You could rent a car at MIA and return it to FLL the next morning after dropping everyone off at the cruise terminal. There is a free shuttle that runs between the FLL car rental terminal and the cruise terminals. Check the FLL web site for a list of car rental companies that are located in the car rental terminal. Those that are not located at FLL run shuttles between their Ft Lauderdale office and the cruise terminals.

Could you recommend a convenient rental company to use for drop-off by the port? We're looking to make it as easy as possible since we will have our 5 and 3 year old with us.

Could you recommend a convenient rental company to use for drop-off by the port? We're looking to make it as easy as possible since we will have our 5 and 3 year old with us.

I've only ever used Hertz which is located in the FLL car rental terminal. A list of companies in this terminal can be found here.

FLL is a 5 minute drive from the port see the interactive map here.

I drop my party off with the luggage at the cruise terminal then drive the car to the FLL car rental terminal and catch the shuttle back to the port.

Alternatively you could all go to the drop off and take the shuttle together. The shuttles are typical airport service type buses so there is plenty of room for baggage.

We are using Quality Limo Service for our trip...

I'm planning to use QLS also & was quoted $72 for that trip, as I'm arriving the day before my cruise, so I'm too early for the $34 cruise line-arranged transfer.

SuperShuttle may work for thtrip from MIA to FLL, but most who need to get from MIA to FLL area hotels rent a car. A taxi will run $75+:eek: Good luck!:)

Have you ever used SuperShuttle? I believe this was a company I read a lot of negative customer service comments regarding them. Was hoping people on this board could give their views.

Anyone ever use Miami Shuttle Inc.? I haven't found any comments on them yet?

For the same route in April we booked a private towncar sedan with the driver meeting us in baggage claim area for a very reasonable price, approximately the same as a taxi. We went with Larry's Limos after reading good reviews here on CC.

You can search Limos.com to get a price comparison between a number of companies providing service between MIA and Fort Lauderdale.

We are doing the same thing, Using Larry's Limos. For the price it is comparable to a cab and a little nicer. We thought of something akin to supershuttle, but we wanted direct door to door service without having to wait for people to join or make other stops.

I am doing the same thing myself in April. After looking at all the options: taxi, shuttle, limo, town-car, and renting, I have decided to rent a mid-size car from Dollar Rental Car (sine we are coming in the day before our cruise). You can rent it at the Miami airport and return it at the Ft. Lauderdale Cruise terminal site. It's about 1-2 blocks from the actual ship dock and they shuttle you there. The rate was $51.79. With the taxes and other fees that the state of Florida gets, the total is $68.42. This is cheaper than the cheapest mode of transportation I could get for the 3 of us (other than taking the train and taxi combo that would take a lot of time). In addition, I now have the car to go to the beach or out to dinner or wherever we like.

Good Luck!:D

Archived