Wine questions (Gem)

Freckles_51

We're booked on the Gem, our first time with NCL and Freestyle dining.

If we buy a bottle of wine in the MDR and don't drink it all, can we take what's left back to our cabin? (other cruise lines will store it and bring it back the next day - don't think that will work with freestyle).

Is the fridge tall enough for an open bottle of wine?

Other options:

buy wine by the glass?

buy wine by the bottle through bon voyage, keep it in our cabin and take a glass full to whichever dining area we decide to use on any given night? I think this may be less expensive than by the glass but I have a problem downloading the wine list pdf through NCL - anyone else have that problem?

Your thoughts please, thanks.

We're booked on the Gem, our first time with NCL and Freestyle dining.

If we buy a bottle of wine in the MDR and don't drink it all, can we take what's left back to our cabin? (other cruise lines will store it and bring it back the next day - don't think that will work with freestyle). Yes, you can take it with you or leave it with them. They can retrieve your bottle from any restuarant that you choose to use and bring it to your table.

Is the fridge tall enough for an open bottle of wine? Not in my experience on the Dawn and Pearl...those were just tall enough for a 12 oz beer bottle.

Other options:

buy wine by the glass? That is what I would do, but the selection is limited.

buy wine by the bottle through bon voyage, keep it in our cabin and take a glass full to whichever dining area we decide to use on any given night? This can be done...use the same wine glass as they use in the bars. I think this may be less expensive than by the glass but I have a problem downloading the wine list pdf through NCL - anyone else have that problem?

Your thoughts please, thanks.

Have a great cruise!!

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone help with the wine list pdf from NCL's bon voyage page. I just cannot get it to download, have tried Firefox and IE.

It has been a problem for several weeks....I would call NCL to get it. (and let them know that the website does not work in this regard)

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone help with the wine list pdf from NCL's bon voyage page. I just cannot get it to download, have tried Firefox and IE.

It isn't a problem on your end...it is the way in which they constructed the link.

Try CLICKING HERE ... that should get you the information that you are looking for.

If we buy a bottle of wine in the MDR and don't drink it all, can we take what's left back to our cabin? (other cruise lines will store it and bring it back the next day - don't think that will work with freestyle).

Freckles,

I have had the left over 1/2 bottle kept for me several times without a problem. They will retrieve from one restraunt to another if you tell them where is was left. They tag the bottle with name and cabin number.

Mark

I've been able to keep a bottle of chilled wine in the mini-fridge in the door shelf, but maybe they're all constructed differently.

If it doesn't end up fitting, ask your cabin steward to bring a wine bucket and ice. They'll replenish the ice as well.

I would tip the steward for this extra service. :)

Archived