Rain predicted for Sailaway :(

mkluvs2cruise

Maybe ships out of NO are different, but the Carnival ships I have been on didn't have a sailaway "party" - at least nothing official in the Capers.

It rained for our sailaway on Inspiration, and it didn't ruin anything because you are on a cruise and not working. What could be better?

I just looked at the weather channel website and its forecasteed for showers on the day we leave New Orleans. What do they usually do if it rains for the sailaway party?

Don" worry every cruise to the Carib. area (6) The weather channel said rain

Did not seen a drop But twice when they said sunny days had rain We now look for rainy days on our planned cruises:o:p:D

Paul

I just looked at the weather channel website and its forecasteed for showers on the day we leave New Orleans. What do they usually do if it rains for the sailaway party?

You are looking at a week away correct? I live on the coast and you can't take any weather forecast a week away. Here two days max. I am sure with NOLA being on the coast it is the same.

Atleast it isn't snow.. or super cold.. we sailed from NOLA in Dec and we were dressed in sweatshirts and pants:( Not a beginning to a vacation that we like coming from Canada.. we have enough cold here.. so count yourself lucky if it is just rain.... you aren't sugar you won't melt.. have a great time;)

What sail away party? In over 10 cruises, 5 on Carnival, I have never seen one only the usual lame band playing and bar servers pushing drinks.

Find a dry place to stand and wave goodbye to the New Orleans skyline as you leave.

We were on the Conquest, out of Galveston, the week of January 10th. An usually cold and wet week all joined us throughout the cruise. We had only one hot and sunny day and that just happened to be on Friday, a sea day.

Both my sister and I came home with Broncitiis and missed an additional week from work. We thought that since we paid for the cruise we would not stay in our cabin. Of course it was too cold, wet and rough to enjoy our balcony. Now we are paying for it with additional doctor bills and prescriptions.

So the moral of my story is just try and stay dry while enjoying your cruise.

Archived