where to stay in Galveston?

bankerlkd

Driiving down from Canada to Galveston the end of March for our cruise and we'll be staying two nights before we embark.

requirements :

Pool- heated preferably

on the seawall - what temp will the water be?

complimentary parking while on the cruise

2 beds

Inlaws have stayed at the holiday Inn previously , but I've heard the Galvez is nice too.

Please assist us with comments and recomendations.

Thanks in advance for your assistance !!

Well i vote for the Galvez.I love the ambiance of it,just beautiful.I have traveled all over the world and the Galvez has a very fond memory for me.It is a historical hotel so some of the rooms might be smaller that the new hotels.We had one of the smaller rooms and I thought Gheez if this is a small room how big are the big ones.The San Louie and Harbour house are also very nice.

Kimberley

We've stayed at the Galvez a few times. Room 555 has 2 Queen beds and has a good amount of room. Room 500 is suposedly the haunted one. I don't think the pool is heated, though they do have hot tubs. If you use their Valet service, you pay $10 or so for the first night and can park there for free for the week while you cruise and they shuttle you to and from the pier. If you have your ticket handy on the return, the bus drive will call ahead to have your car waiting for you when you get back to the hotel.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn-Galveston on the Beach 5002 Seawall Blvd. Great rooms, has a restaurant, bar (opens at 5 p.m.) we had entertainment both Friday and Sat night. Had a view of the gulf from our balcony rooms - can leave your vehicle there while cruising.

Great place to stay and I'd stay there again!

Wow! I am dreading our drive from Houston to NOLA! I like Galvez and Tremont House. Tremont has no pool but you get to use the amenities at the Galvez (same company) and they honor your parking too. Ocean will be cold. We have been having unseasonably cold temps even in Galveston so by March the weather wont have been warm enough to warm the water. Sorry!

I recommend the San Luis, great pool set-up (1 is heated), across the street from the beach, all rooms have at least a partial oceanview, gym and spa, free parking while you cruise, shuttle to the pier. :)

We are not going to be able to stay there for our July 4 cruise because that week a two night stay is required and we can arrive only one night ahead due to family schedules. :mad:

Elsie:cool:

Galvez, Tremont, Harbor House, San Luis, Moody Gardens, Hilton

are all fine hotels.:)

Its a matter of where you want to be??????.......

on the Gulf (seawall), Strand (downtown), Port (downtown)

or at Gardens on Bay?

Parking and shuttles will also play into your decision.

Check into with hotels for your personal needs.

I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront last week and they upgraded us nicely ... FREE. Its not elegant, but very nice and colorfull. Breakfast included home made waffles, sausage, boiled eggs and the usual. Balconies were small. It has a indoor pool, so people could swim last week off season.

Last two pictures are looking down the driveway (it is set back from the street somewhat which I liked for quiet, some want it to be right on the street)... the trees were lite up and nice view to me.

1959051563_Picture091.jpg.0a91d9b1051017b973c81d67cb9e6687.jpg

147095287_Picture101.jpg.fafb2982518f3286312ea5e605ac4b8f.jpg

724044231_Picture104.jpg.a6bdd2d84a62649177002117178bdd36.jpg

973752949_Picture103.jpg.e6df4669fa53dfedd4cafa671c5d9cd8.jpg

We are going to stay at the Harbor House, so we can watch our ship come in and dock before we go to board.. They are part of the Windham chain, and you have pool privileges at the Galvez, as well. However they do charge $10 for the first night of parking, but you can park free during the cruise unfortunately you will need to walk (about 2 blocks) to the Cruise Terminal as they do not have a shuttle

I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront last week and they upgraded us nicely ... FREE. Its not elegant, but very nice and colorfull. Breakfast included home made waffles, sausage, boiled eggs and the usual. Balconies were small. It has a indoor pool, so people could swim last week off season.

Last two pictures are looking down the driveway (it is set back from the street somewhat which I liked for quiet, some want it to be right on the street)... the trees were lite up and nice view to me.

I agree with firefly. We have stayed at this property twice and have enjoyed it both times. If you can get one of the rooms on the very front of the hotel (facing the ocean) you get a little bit bigger balcony and and extra window that looks out to the ocean.

I agree with firefly. We have stayed at this property twice and have enjoyed it both times. If you can get one of the rooms on the very front of the hotel (facing the ocean) you get a little bit bigger balcony and and extra window that looks out to the ocean.

I think the biggest plus in January or winter is the indoor pool.

Other than Harbor House and Tremont are there any other hotels you can walk to the cruise terminal from? Thanks for any answers

Not that I've heard of, but Galveston is really a small island so you should stay where you're the most comfortable. It won't cost more than $10.00 for a cab to take you to the port.

Archived