Caribbean Princess, overcrowded? And deck chair availabilty?

Slimcorn82

Thanks for the reply Usha. I am glad that you still had a great time. I really love cruising but I have talked with so many people who will not do it because of the confined areas and so many people on board. I do not like big crowds. Like NYC right before Christmas is a nightmare. I have always felt like there are places to get away from the crowds on the bigger Princess ships. I guess that is why I keep going back to Princess.

The issue is passenger space ratio, do the math if someone posts there is not a problem with crowding.

We are big Princess fans but there is a space ratio problem on the Caribbean Princess and her sister ships. They added an extra 500 passengers, an extra deck of cabins but the remainder of the ship size is the same as the Grand Class size, 3100 people instead of 2600,.. We felt the extra 500 passengers, it was crowded especially at the pools and in the evning. We have avoided this class ever since our one sailing on the Caribbean. The ship itself was lovely, the food was good, the activities entertainment fine.

We were on the CB last June, and we definetly felt like we were more crowded than any of our other princess cruises. I think it probably had to do with the time of year and the amount of kids on the cruise. We will try to avoid the newer gand class ships with the extra 500 people and limited additional public space in the future during peak travel time.

Archived