P&O's Arcadia on her way down here

Kiwi Kruzer

It looks an absolute picture coming through the canal.

We considered doing a section on Arcadia this year but have settled on other trips.

We did a 19 day section [brisbane - Singapore via Hong Kong] on Oriana's world cruise last year.

Marvellous experience apart from the upper crust "oddities" of some of it's Briddish passengers.:):D

Still, it takes all types to make a world.:p

I'd recommend a section on any of the P&O [uK] world cruises to anybody - marvellous vessels.

We are booked for next year 2011....Brisbane to Southampton.....yay....... ..got to love those upper crust "oddities"......i do believe we have inherited some.....:D:D:D. cheers Shiona

Don't forget to pack your "stiff upper lip" :p

Enjoy - it should be a wonderful voyage. :D:)

Don't forget to pack your "stiff upper lip" :p

Enjoy - it should be a wonderful voyage. :D:)

Wont be needed Shiona.:D

Dennis if you thought a stiff upper lip was needed last year you should have cruised with them a few years ago.:D

But seriously...we have cruised with them for many years now.

First time on Canberra, and although that was all one class then, there was a carry over to the dining rooms, as the upper suites had the First Class room and we tourists had the second....

food was the same in both, and there were some lounges we did not venture into.

Over the years I have noted a marked difference in the cruisers as the baby boomers started travelling.

Boy do those Brits know how to party these days.

Will admit , everything is done properly, and yes they do enforce the dress code in certain lounges.

Having said that though, we dined on Oriana on a formal night and our table companions were wearing polo shirts.:eek:

You have a great cruise coming up Shiona.

Errrrrr - it was just a bit of "tongue in cheek" David. :o;)

I have worked with our British cousins for many, many years - at all levels of their social strata and dating back over 40 years.

The funny thing was I found that in the "officer class" the higher the rank - the better person they were. :):D

I don't have problem with them - I just like taking the good old Aussie "mickey" out of them - as they regularly do with us. :p

Errrrrr - it was just a bit of "tongue in cheek" David. :o;)

I know and realise that Dennis:)

Sometimes , I cant express the thoughts I really mean properly.

Just trying to get over the point that P&O UK ,

has "loossened " up a lot over the years.....

and that it is a wonderful line to cruise with.

Where's that stiff upper lip, boy?

Above this loose, flabby chin, sir!

Hehe. :) Sorry for butting in guys - couldn't help myself.

I'm married to a Pom, although he's now officially an Aussie. The funny thing is after visiting the UK, I wanted to stay there, and he couldn't wait to get back here. We used to take the mickey out of each other, but nowadays we are too busy slamming the pollies. :D

Shiona you will have a wonderful time, lucky duck!

She is a gorgeous ship, we were part of her maiden world voyage in Feb last year, we were with our son and daughter and their partners it was only for 2 days and we didn't expect a formal but there was one the second night we had packed for one just in case but daughters partner hadn't, when he enquired about shirt and tie for dinner he was told he had to have a jacket so he bought a jacket from the onboard shop, so Arcadia sticks more to the rules on Formal night.

She is a gorgeous ship, we were part of her maiden world voyage in Feb last year, we were with our son and daughter and their partners

How great to be part of a maiden voyage.

The thing I like about these ships coming through

is that we have the chance to be part of their voyage.....

be it only for a sector.

Its another option thats open to us.

I always remember frequent world cruisers saying

they look forward to this part of the world

as the average age on board drops.

so Arcadia sticks more to the rules on Formal night.

We both love traditional cruising so will relish the rules..........

Due to work commitments in London we had to cancel our South American b2b cruise :mad: never one to miss out on a cruise i found this one and it fits us

perfectly we arrive in London about 3 days before we need to...:D:D:D best part is we leave from Brisbane so no flights, which means around 30kg of music goes free for a change and i get to take a bigger wardrobe....:D:D

bliss........cheers Shiona

I've just been looking at your itinerary Shiona.

What a great trip.

It would be hard to pick whether to do the outward leg from th U.K or the leg from Brisabane.

In the end I think the leg from Brisbane would be the better of the two.

Far more historic and romantic ports.

Now, is there an "envy" icon here somewhere????? :):D:p

Hi Kiwi Cruizer,

You asked if anyone has booked a portion of the world cruise.....we have!

We embark at San Francisco MONDAY Feb. 1st !!!!!!!

I'm really excited! Weve sailed a dozen or so times on other lines, this is our first experience on the P&O. Should be "spot on"!

We disembark at Sydney, where we are staying for a few days before boarding a Holland America ship to reexplore other ports around New Zealand. Two weeks later, once again in Sydney, we will fly to Hawaii to visit my family. Then back to California!

The port in San Francisco is located a few steps away from a fabulous walk through aquarium, restaurants filled with fresh crab, which is in season, and tons of tourist shops. It is only a few blocks walk to catch a bus to visit China Town, or to catch the cable cars. There are also other kinds of transportation in the port area. The restaurant The Buena Vista that invented the Irish coffee is also nearby.

Is there a cruise critic "meet and greet" for the new pasengers? I cant imagine that there will be that many of us joining the cruise from here.

We have had some pretty rough weather in California the past 2 weeks, I hope you arent experienceing any of it! Monday is forcasted not to have any rain.

Good sailing! See you soon!

Ann

Hi Ann

How exciting you are only days away from your cruise and that fantastic itinerary you have planned hope you will drop in when you return home and let us know how it all went.....not that we are wishing you home already:D

We have a rollcall for next year at this stage there are 3 of us....:D:D and we are all getting off and on in different stages....P.O UK have a Community section on their website it has info that might interest you if you haven't already seen it........have a fantastic time.....Bon Voyage. ...cheers Shiona

I've just been looking at your itinerary Shiona.

In the end I think the leg from Brisbane would be the better of the two.

Far more historic and romantic ports.

Now, is there an "envy" icon here somewhere?????

:D:D:D

Dennis got to agree....when we read the itinerary it didn't take too long to make up our minds.....we are most looking forward to the 2 days in Hong Kong:cool: ......Halong Bay in Vietnam and Sharm el-Sheik ....in 2005 we cancelled a holiday to Sharm due to terrorist activity so it will be nice to finally get a quick look at what we missed out on....went to Tunisia instead ...now that was an experience.....:D:D cheers Shiona

:D:D:D

Dennis got to agree....when we read the itinerary it didn't take too long to make up our minds.....Halong Bay in Vietnam and Sharm el-Sheik ....cheers Shiona

Halong Bay is on my bucket list...

I have all cruises that call there on my watch list.

Archived