CCL Shareholder Benefit

smuggs

that's great....thinking of buying some shares for the benefit. I know the stock has rebounded quite a bit over the past year (as has much of the market), but i think that there may be more upside if my experience in trying to connect with "old school" travel agents is any indication. I've tried calling a couple local ones in my area at various times and "all desks" have been filled, they took my number and have never called back. business must be good.

Does anyone know if the CCL shareholder benefit is available to people that book "Early Saver" fares? According to the CCL press release, it states that people sailing on a "reduced-rate" is not eligible.

The shareholder benefit is not off your cruise bill actually. We cruise alot and they will ask for updated proof of the shares you own (at least 100 you need)

It shows up as shipboard credit. It is $50.00 per booking for bookings 5 days or less and $100.00 for bookings of 7 days or more. I do believe there is another lever at 12 or 15 days that is I believe $150.00. You will see it right on your final documents (it will say shipboard credit shareholder) Don't look for it too far in advance as they wait to make sure you still have it when you cruise. The other gives you credit off the price you pay for the cruise itself if the price goes down. 2 completely separate things. We find that several calls and various faxes occur each cruise before this is credited.

that's great....thinking of buying some shares for the benefit. I know the stock has rebounded quite a bit over the past year (as has much of the market), but i think that there may be more upside if my experience in trying to connect with "old school" travel agents is any indication. I've tried calling a couple local ones in my area at various times and "all desks" have been filled, they took my number and have never called back. business must be good.

We call Carnival direct and do not go through any third party. It is so much easier to deal with them and then if there is a problem, they handle it and don't refer you back to your local travel agency. We also have found over the years, the best deals are directly through Carnival itself.

Archived