Do you prepay your tips....and do they know?

luv2gonow

I have a very good source but I'd have to kill you if I told you. You will just have to take my word for it or not, I don't care, but they do know who takes the auto tips off. They used to have a list of names in the staffs quarters but they are more discreet now.

What would be the point?

As I said before that was the swine flu cruise......the reason I don't believe they know is because their tips are not paid to them until after the cruise when we are gone........so what would be the point? None......

Be assured they know. Take them off and watch what happens. Lazy cabin steward, took off his tip on 4th day. He asked me why on morning of day 5. He then did his job, put tips back on on day 6. He thanked me on day 7. Ended up being one of our better stewards after day 5. This was an 8 day cruise on Freedom. He will be on ship in September when we cruise, hope he still has the aft balconies.

That was on the swine flu cruise in which 100 people or so got off the ship early..........that means squat.........and has been reported as such...

Our waiter confirmed that they knew who had taken off their tips. The room steward had to be scrapped off the ceiling when I asked this question. I now know that the room stewards do not know. (Poor man's face looked like this -:eek:)

ETA-I guess that they find out after it happens

Thanks for all the input everyone....I think i will leave the prepay....so i don't have to make another phone call or wait on line at guest services like i did on the last cruise. I think i will do the prepay And throw my steward a 20 on the 1st day to ensure great service....Ice all day...LOL...

K

You can prepay or just wait and it'll automatically be added to your S&S folio. I hate adding any more to the intial cost of the cruise :cool:

I didn't pre-pay last time b/c we booked a month out for the cruise. But this time I'm prepaying just b/c I'm treating my mom to a cruise and I wanted to make that cost was taken care of for her.

I guess I will let you know if the service is different. :D

Our waiter confirmed that they knew who had taken off their tips. The room steward had to be scrapped off the ceiling when I asked this question. I now know that the room stewards do not know. (Poor man's face looked like this -:eek:)

ETA-I guess that they find out after it happens

They should be told if someone was dissatisfied and removed them.........

The op was wondering if the crew members knew if they were getting their tips if they pre paid.......

Archived