Canada Place Hotels

Italy52

Just found out that our embarkation will be at Canada Place. Would really like to stay at the Fairmont or Pan Pacific --- staying one night 5/20/10. I know these are high-end hotels; I'm looking for information on how to land a good price. I am not good at Priceline and all those other websites that deal in discounts because I don't want to take a chance on getting a hotel I don't want. Can anyone provide me with some insight to help me land my preferred hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to review my request and provide me any insight that you can possibly send my way.

You can do no wrong in staying at either of these hotels. We've stayed at the Pan Pacific (built out on the Canada Place pier) and wandered through the Fairmont (across the street)

Rather than do the Priceline or other bidding sites, I'd recommend the B.C. Tourism website: http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/default.htm

They have quite good bargains, rather than take the standard rack rates that each hotel charges. You do actually select which hotel you want, rather than take what Priceline comes up with.

You can do no wrong in staying at either of these hotels. We've stayed at the Pan Pacific (built out on the Canada Place pier) and wandered through the Fairmont (across the street)

Rather than do the Priceline or other bidding sites, I'd recommend the B.C. Tourism website: http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/default.htm

They have quite good bargains, rather than take the standard rack rates that each hotel charges. You do actually select which hotel you want, rather than take what Priceline comes up with.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, at the moment, the pricing on the link isn't a bargain +/-a few $$ from the hotels' website and other links (Travelocity, Orbitz, etc.). Hopefully, as the date draws near, things will change.

A new hotel just opened a few blocks from the cruise docks.

Coast Coal Harbour

I don't know if they still have any special deals but its worth checking out. The website says they have specials after March 1 at $99 per night

Just found out that our embarkation will be at Canada Place. Would really like to stay at the Fairmont or Pan Pacific --- staying one night 5/20/10. I know these are high-end hotels; I'm looking for information on how to land a good price. I am not good at Priceline and all those other websites that deal in discounts because I don't want to take a chance on getting a hotel I don't want. Can anyone provide me with some insight to help me land my preferred hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to review my request and provide me any insight that you can possibly send my way.

Hotwire has a 5 star hotel in Vancouver's west end for US 160. That will be very hard to beat unless you have to be at Canada Place

Here's a link to the offer that Earl is talking about - looks like it will run right through the year - the only caveat is that you are paying upfront right and there is a no cancellation policy in effect.

http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/vancouver/coast_coalharbour/packages_and_specials/pay_now

This is a brand new property that has just opened it's doors and once the Olympics are over will need to build up a reputation - it is practically across the street from the new trade and convention - an easy walk to Canada Place.

Thanks Earl for bringing this special to my attention - I am sure that my friend PD - if he ever gets off a cruise ship will also be referring people to this deal.

Cheers

Dennis

Here's a link to the offer that Earl is talking about - looks like it will run right through the year - the only caveat is that you are paying upfront right and there is a no cancellation policy in effect.

http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/vancouver/coast_coalharbour/packages_and_specials/pay_now

This is a brand new property that has just opened it's doors and once the Olympics are over will need to build up a reputation - it is practically across the street from the new trade and convention - an easy walk to Canada Place.

Thanks Earl for bringing this special to my attention - I am sure that my friend PD - if he ever gets off a cruise ship will also be referring people to this deal.

Cheers

Dennis

Do you know what star level this hotel is?

Ranchette - see my response to your question on the West Coast thread where you also asked that question - I saw that one first.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks I saw your reply. Do you think we could get a better deal using priceline we need a hotel for 2 nights the second week of June?

The other hotel that you may care to try that is very close to Canada Place is the Tower at the Terminal City Club. link I should add that none of the hotels in the downtown area of Vancouver is more than a $10 cab fare from Canada Place so you really can't go wrong with what ever you choose.

Thanks everyone for all your help, I appreciate it.

I bid last year for 5 nights in July for a 4 star in Vancouver from Priceline. Got the Hyatt - they put us in a beautiful room with a City and Harbour view. We also stayed at the Fairmont one night (was a special via Holland America - who I believe own the Fairmont) and this was fantastic too - both hotels are very similar in the rooms. The cost of the Priceline hotel was 70.00 plus taxes - fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! You can't go wrong on priceline as long as you ask for 4 or 5 star - most of these are really central in the cities.

I bid last year for 5 nights in July for a 4 star in Vancouver from Priceline. Got the Hyatt - they put us in a beautiful room with a City and Harbour view. We also stayed at the Fairmont one night (was a special via Holland America - who I believe own the Fairmont) and this was fantastic too - both hotels are very similar in the rooms. The cost of the Priceline hotel was 70.00 plus taxes - fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! You can't go wrong on priceline as long as you ask for 4 or 5 star - most of these are really central in the cities.

Holland America is owned by Carnival Corp

Fairmont is owned by a Canadian Capital firm

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2006/01/30/fairmont-060130.html

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if the dates below would work out with some of you but please check this out....

Link: http://hotels.travelzoo.com/canada-hotels/753410

Travel dates: March 1, 4-7, 11-16, 26-30; April 1-13; May 21-26

By Michael Duchesne

Travelzoo Staff

Courtesy of in-depth Olympic coverage, much of the world is getting their first look at the city of Vancouver. If the stunning scenery hasn't already piqued your curiosity, perhaps this will: Stay at the CAA/AAA 4-Diamond Pan Pacific Vancouver for $133 (CA$139).

Currently celebrity-laden with the likes of Brad Pitt, Jack Nicholson and Uma Thurman, this hotel can command as much as $295 or more during peak spring months.

This offer is valid over select dates, while surrounding dates have also been deeply discounted:

* March 1, 4-7, 11-16, 26-30

* April 1-13

Prices in May tend to soar, so don't miss out on Deluxe King Harbour View rooms at $167 (CA$179) from May 21-26.

Book by Feb. 27: Click here to make an online reservation with Pan Pacific Vancouver, or dial 800-937-1515 (within U.S. only) and mention "as seen on Travelzoo".

Located on the waterfront, this property boasts panoramic vistas of the harbour, mountains, Stanley Park and the city skyline. The hotel was listed on the Condé Nast Traveler Annual Gold List as one of the 2008 World’s Best Places to Stay. Rooms feature newly designed headboards, high thread count bed linens and 42” LCD high-definition televisions.

I don't know if the dates below would work out with some of you but please check this out....

Link: http://hotels.travelzoo.com/canada-hotels/753410

Travel dates: March 1, 4-7, 11-16, 26-30; April 1-13; May 21-26

By Michael Duchesne

Travelzoo Staff

Courtesy of in-depth Olympic coverage, much of the world is getting their first look at the city of Vancouver. If the stunning scenery hasn't already piqued your curiosity, perhaps this will: Stay at the CAA/AAA 4-Diamond Pan Pacific Vancouver for $133 (CA$139).

Currently celebrity-laden with the likes of Brad Pitt, Jack Nicholson and Uma Thurman, this hotel can command as much as $295 or more during peak spring months.

This offer is valid over select dates, while surrounding dates have also been deeply discounted:

* March 1, 4-7, 11-16, 26-30

* April 1-13

Prices in May tend to soar, so don't miss out on Deluxe King Harbour View rooms at $167 (CA$179) from May 21-26.

Book by Feb. 27: Click here to make an online reservation with Pan Pacific Vancouver, or dial 800-937-1515 (within U.S. only) and mention "as seen on Travelzoo".

Located on the waterfront, this property boasts panoramic vistas of the harbour, mountains, Stanley Park and the city skyline. The hotel was listed on the Condé Nast Traveler Annual Gold List as one of the 2008 World’s Best Places to Stay. Rooms feature newly designed headboards, high thread count bed linens and 42” LCD high-definition televisions.

Darn -- I miss the cutoff by one day --- will be in Vancouver for night of 5/20/10. Thanks for posting anyway.

Archived