WOWED on the Solstice Jan 17th Review!!!

golfusaofcs

My wife and I just returned and I couldn't be more impressed. We started out our trip at T-18. This terminal is just amazing and we were on board in 10 minutes. After dropping off some of out things at our stateroom which still looked brand new and smelled of the Leather Couch, we were off to the Ocean View Cafe for Lunch. I won't go into to much detail but the quality and taste of the food here throughout the week was excellent!!!

That night we went to Tuscan Grille which was very good, don't miss the bread here as it is outstanding. After we went to see the first show which was an introduction of the acts. Muster drill was postponed until 10 am the next morning due to the late arrival of some guests. Wife was not thrilled with that having to get up early. We ate the next two nights in the MDR which was good to excellent depending on what you have ordered. First production show was Ghost light which was typical singing dancing although very good.

The interesting thing about the entertainers on board is that they have to be able to perform all of the shows including SOLSTICE which is there Cirque Show. The following day we saw Adam Trent perform, he was very entertaining with is blend of music and Magic. The 4th night we ate in Silk Harvest which was very good although some dishes were a bit salty. That night we watched the production show Pulse which is similar to the STOMP show on Broadway I thought it was very good although we had to leave early due to a reservation at Silk Harvest.

The 5th day we were back in the MDR and had the Best Meatball I had in my life. Much better than the Kobe Meatballs in Tuscan Grille. I would definitely suggest going with Chef Jacque Van Stadens recommendation's. As they were very good. We went to see vocal impressionist Karen Grainger. She was absolutely outstanding. She needs to have her own act in Vegas maybe to replace Danny Gans she is that good!!!

On the 6th night we went to see SOLSTICE the show. This is where I was very impressed, remember most of these performers are NOT acrobats though they have to be on this ship. This show was as good as you are going to get on a Cruise Ship. This was the last formal night and although we pre-payed all of our Specialty restaurants our waiters in the MDR convinced us to switch our reservation in Murano to the last night. Food was very good in the MDR tonight I had a surf and turf with Lobster and JVS recommendation "Mommas Pork Chop" which was excellent.

On the last day we went to see the last show which featured Adam Trent and Karen Grainger which was very good and reaffirmed how great Karen is. We topped off our outstanding vacation on the Solstice with Dinner at Murano. I tried Sweetbreads for the first time. Taste's like Chicken Nuggets!!!! I had the best Lobster bisque I ever had!!! The duck was outstanding!!! All in all a very memorable meal.

I'm sorry for this reviews grammar as these memories all still very fresh in my head. Here are some highlights

Cafe Al Bacio - Service from Oksana from Ukraine was outstanding as she is one of the contributing factors as to why I gained 8 pounds on this cruise "Chocolate Croissant's

Bistro on Five is not to be missed

Ship is absolutely Gorgeous

Captain Demetrius is Hilarious "This is your Captain Speaking" OUT!!

James the Cruise Director very subdued and creates a great atmosphere!

Executive Chef Michael is hilarious as well.

Don't miss the Hot Glass Show. As I still couldn't believe my eyes.

So many great areas to just sit and relax. The Staff is outstanding as they always go out of there way to say hello!!!

Off the ship with Luggage through Customs in 10 minutes!!!

One more thing. I am proud to say that we went to Labadee. It would be a shame to stop going there as they do need our help. I felt great knowing that We unloaded 40 Pallets of food and water and that all proceeds from Shore Excursions and drinks that day went to the Haitian People. I can go on and on. Any ?'s feel free to ask

Cruising on the Solstice in Dec with my parents who are in their 80s. They love the shows in the theater, were the shows super crowded or arriving 20-30 minutes in advance ok? My parents often watch movies in the afternoon. Since no DVD players in balcony cabins, how was the movies on demand on tv? Any other venues show films during the day? Thanks

We are booked on the 5 September sailing of Solstice, and this review has re-enforced our original take on the ship.

I do have a couple of questions:

Was there an a capella group on board?

Did you use the Solarium, and if so, what was your impression of it? Was the pool water in the Solarium warm? I ask this because I have sen different answers as to warm, not warm. I sense it is not as warm as the T-pools on the M class ships, but just your impressions would be good.

Am I correct in that the Windjammer on Solstice is a deck above the pool deck?

Did they have those fabulous herb-infused fruits in the AquaSpa Cafe? We loved them on the M class ships.

In the equivalent of the Cova Cafe, are the pastries still free?

Did you at all try the gelato (which I know is a cost item), and if so, how was it?

When you say T-18, are you referring to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale), and if so, is that the new one just built?

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962

Thanks for the great review! We are sailing aboard Solstice on April 4th and can hardly wait. I have read several folks say that Celebrity calls them after the cruise to thank them for their business, address any issues noted on the comment card, etc. I have never had a cruise line do that and I have sailed quite a few times across numerous lines. And although I have never had a bad cruise, I have had an issue or two over the years that I wish someone had had the concern enough to reach out to me. But nobody ever has called me after a cruise. I am anxious to see if Celebrity really does that after my first cruise with them in April. Thanks again!

I truly feel like this ship does appeal to all ages. My wife in I are in our late 20's. SOLSTICE truly feels like a sheek modern hotel.

1. We had no probelm coming to the shows just a few minutes early.

2.On Demand system in room was GREAT!! My wife enjoyed watching twilight a million times and I loves the Documentaries on the SOLSTICE.

3.AQUA SPA POOL WAS COLD although they claim it is heated. CAFE AL BACIO serves free pastries all day but coffee is a surcharge. Gelato Was Great!!

4.T18 is the new Terminal at Port Everglades for OASIS, ALLURE, SOLSTICE, and EQUINOX, though I am sure SOLSTICE with have to move to another once ALLURE gets here.

5.OCEAN VIEW CAFE is one deck higher then Pool

We were on the Equinox in December and loved the layout of the cabin. No issue with lack of closet/drawer space but the safe was above the mini bar. How much space is lost in the closet on the Solstice because of the position of the safe? We are on the Solstice for a b2b 10/31 and 11/7.

Mary Lou

Archived