OMG My luggage was confiscated!!!!

I can't believe this happened! I just finished a cruise on Navigator of the Seas

(Beautiful ship by the way). Everyone else in our group received their luggage except for me. I had to go to dinner in my shorts the first night. When I returned to my cabin around 8 pm there was a message on the phone telling me to report to security (Yes the BRIG!) regarding my confiscated luggage.

OMG! Apparently when they scanned my luggage they found a bottle of wine in there. (I usually cruise on HAL and you are permitted to bring your own wine on board. Sadly, I never thought RCL had different rules!) So I go to Security and the guard says "Can you open up your luggage for us to inspect for alcohol" Now I am totally indignant (not realizing wine was not permitted) and I say "There's no alcohol in there-only wine!":confused: The guard looks at me like I was crazy and tells me that passengers cannot bring ANY alcohol onboard including yes, I know, WINE! Well I really thought he must be mistaken because my friends and I all brought bottles of wine in our carryon. (Mine was in a TOTAL WINE bag-no hiding that!) Also, at embarkation the security person said "Oh I'll be careful with this bag-it has the wine in it." We walked right through security with our bags, boarded the ship and enjoyed our wine. So now, I tell the security guard we just finished drinking a wonderful bottle of wine that we brought in our carryon. He tells me we are NOT ALLOWED to do that. Oh well, I thought-too late to confiscate that one!

Anyway, I opened my suitcase and forked over the contraband! Oh, not before one of my friends (who accompanied me to the brig) took a picture of me clutching my wine bottle while the security guard was taking it out of my hands! It was all good in the end. Here is it only January and I now have my Christmas card photo for next year already!:):)

Anyway, I opened my suitcase and forked over the contraband! Oh, not before one of my friends (who accompanied me to the brig) took a picture of me clutching my wine bottle while the security guard was taking it out of my hands! It was all good in the end. Here is it only January and I now have my Christmas card photo for next year already!:):)

Oh now you have done it.... you have to post that picture! :D Our send us all a Christmas card! Too bad about your problem, but you sure are a good sport about it!

-----------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

So what exactly were you so upset about? You either didn't know or didn't care about the rules. And when they enforced them, you somehow feel you were wronged?:confused:

I dont think the OP was upset at all....I think she had a great sense of humor about it...she didnt blame Royal...she took the blame herself

we went on the Navigator January 2. We knew about the alcohol restrictions, so we emptied 2 mouthwash bottles out and put our vodka in them. Now they will probably confiscate mouthwash, too! :D

That's how the guy who fell off Mariner smuggled his booze in, and is one of the reasons that no alcohol is now allowed to be brought onboard

So what exactly were you so upset about? You either didn't know or didn't care about the rules. And when they enforced them, you somehow feel you were wronged?:confused:

Looks to me like the OP made light of the issue and turned lemons into lemonade.

I can't believe this happened! I just finished a cruise on Navigator of the Seas

(Beautiful ship by the way). Everyone else in our group received their luggage except for me. I had to go to dinner in my shorts the first night. When I returned to my cabin around 8 pm there was a message on the phone telling me to report to security (Yes the BRIG!) regarding my confiscated luggage.

OMG! Apparently when they scanned my luggage they found a bottle of wine in there. (I usually cruise on HAL and you are permitted to bring your own wine on board. Sadly, I never thought RCL had different rules!) So I go to Security and the guard says "Can you open up your luggage for us to inspect for alcohol" Now I am totally indignant (not realizing wine was not permitted) and I say "There's no alcohol in there-only wine!":confused: The guard looks at me like I was crazy and tells me that passengers cannot bring ANY alcohol onboard including yes, I know, WINE! Well I really thought he must be mistaken because my friends and I all brought bottles of wine in our carryon. (Mine was in a TOTAL WINE bag-no hiding that!) Also, at embarkation the security person said "Oh I'll be careful with this bag-it has the wine in it." We walked right through security with our bags, boarded the ship and enjoyed our wine. So now, I tell the security guard we just finished drinking a wonderful bottle of wine that we brought in our carryon. He tells me we are NOT ALLOWED to do that. Oh well, I thought-too late to confiscate that one!

I want to see a picture!

I'm sorry, perhaps I just got the wrong tone from the OP. I've seen so many posts here with people complaining about having booze confiscated, I guess I just have a hair trigger.

I honestly misread it and thought the OP was furious that they confiscated the wine. My bad.

Question is, did you get the bottle back at the end of the cruise? Was it the last night?

I still want to know......

You get your confiscated bottles,

You get the alcohol you buy at ports and stores.

All on the last night.

So my question is, why is there

not a bunch of hungover people walking around in a daze.

While trying to get everyone off the ship?:D

I have a quick question and I think it kinda relates to this. I had read the rules and wasn't going to take liquor or wine on board but then I was looking through the questions on RCCL and saw this answer:

"Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic nor non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing."

So I get the alcohol but as for the non-alcoholic...are they going to take away water and soda? I was planning on picking some up at the port but not if they are getting that strict. Can anyone help me out with what they have encountered.

Thanks

Deb

Santa,

I knew the no alcohol policy on RC :rolleyes: but haven't read no beverages period. I was on Serenade last week. I brought a 6-pk of water onboard in my checked bag when I boarded in San Juan. No one said anything about it. I wasn't called to the naughty room. I had a bottle of Pepsi in the backpack that I carried onboard. No problem there either. I put the water and soda in the room "fridge" and the cabin steward didn't say anything.

When we got back onboard in St. Lucia, I carried 2 cans of DP with me. I had to run it through the scanner but otherwise no problem. I was DYING for a DP by then (prefer diet but at that point regular tasted great).

I have a quick question and I think it kinda relates to this. I had read the rules and wasn't going to take liquor or wine on board but then I was looking through the questions on RCCL and saw this answer:

"Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic nor non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing."

So I get the alcohol but as for the non-alcoholic...are they going to take away water and soda? I was planning on picking some up at the port but not if they are getting that strict. Can anyone help me out with what they have encountered.

Thanks

Deb

Have cruised twice with RCCL and each time had no problems openly carrying on boxes of caffeine free diet coke and bottled water, in fact the porters carried them on for me.

Archived