OMG My luggage was confiscated!!!!

Here is it only January and I now have my Christmas card photo for next year already!:):)

Uh oh. You may have started a trend! Now everyone will smuggle just to get a Christmas card photo! I'm sure no one would smuggle alcohol otherwise! hehe. :eek:

Your Kidding right? You can get just as drunk on the ships alcohol as your own. It's all about money. ;)

... and the fact that when the ship serves, they do at least have the opportunity to deny service.

For all of the mouthwash people, also keep in mind that the line actually does know about this and look for it ... I've heard security people ask ... Hmmm ... I wonder why people need a full bottle (or more) of mouth-wash for such a short cruise. I have even seen carry-on bottles of mouthwash sniffed by a designated "smeller" then confiscated.

Your Kidding right? You can get just as drunk on the ships alcohol as your own. It's all about money. ;)
The ship will cut you off if they think you've bought too much alcohol. Hubby and I bought a couple rounds for our table one night for a celebration at dinner. When we tried to buy drinks in the Schooner Bar after dinner, we were denied. The waiter told us that we had bought 16 drinks in the past 2 hours and that was over the limit. Only 2 of those were mine and 3 beers were hubby's. Neither of us was drunk or even slightly tipsy. It didn't matter - no drinks for us. :(

Wondering how long it would take for a perfectly innocent encounter with the naughty room to take a turn for the worst. 13 posts.

Is that the same amount of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie roll pop?

Great post! I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

... and the fact that when the ship serves, they do at least have the opportunity to deny service.

For all of the mouthwash people, also keep in mind that the line actually does know about this and look for it ... I've heard security people ask ... Hmmm ... I wonder why people need a full bottle (or more) of mouth-wash for such a short cruise. I have even seen carry-on bottles of mouthwash sniffed by a designated "smeller" then confiscated.

I guess the new plan is to buy of bottles of green-tea and fill it with Scotch. :D

Maybe the smugglers should go to Costco, get a whole case of mouthwash and carry it on. Then in their carry on bag have bottles of liquor. They'll be so distracted by and focused on checking the mouthwash that the booze slides right by. Uh oh, they read these boards now they know the plan. Bummer.

Maybe the smugglers should go to Costco, get a whole case of mouthwash and carry it on. Then in their carry on bag have bottles of liquor. They'll be so distracted by and focused on checking the mouthwash that the booze slides right by. Uh oh, they read these boards now they know the plan. Bummer.

I bet they don't bother to check hairspray bottles.

Or better yet, get a few urine-sample cups from a hospital and fill them with whiskey. See if they give those the ole sniff-test!

I bet they don't bother to check hairspray bottles.

Or better yet, get a few urine-sample cups from a hospital and fill them with whiskey. See if they give those the ole sniff-test!

ROFLMAO!!!:D:D:D:D:D Good thing I didn't have anything in my mouth or it would have been all over the computer screen!

I've been lurking on this thread, but this one cracked me up enough to finally post! I love the OP's attitude! Now we just need to see the picture! C'mon- "enquiring" minds want to know!:)

Santa,

I knew the no alcohol policy on RC :rolleyes: but haven't read no beverages period. I was on Serenade last week. I brought a 6-pk of water onboard in my checked bag when I boarded in San Juan. No one said anything about it. I wasn't called to the naughty room. I had a bottle of Pepsi in the backpack that I carried onboard. No problem there either. I put the water and soda in the room "fridge" and the cabin steward didn't say anything.

When we got back onboard in St. Lucia, I carried 2 cans of DP with me. I had to run it through the scanner but otherwise no problem. I was DYING for a DP by then (prefer diet but at that point regular tasted great).

Thanks Kyriecat, I'm going to stick with my original plan and pick up the extra beverages. Thought this answer of RCCL's looked a little strange but wanted to see if anyone had run into problems lately.

I was not in the least bit upset by this. Perhaps a bit embarrassed because of my own stupidity but certainly not upset. You have to have a sense of humor about things!

To answer your questions, yes the wine by delivered the last evening of the cruise. I decided to that the guy who delivered it to me (who had heard the whole story and had a huge smile on his face) needed that wine more than I did. So I gave it to him. Boy was he HAPPY!:):)

By the way, one thing I forgot to mention. One of the women in our group took a 2 liter bottle of premixed margaritas in her suitcase (yes a HUGE bottle including the alcohol!) and her suitcase was never searched.

The moral of the story:: YOU LOSE YOUR WINE...YOU DRINK MARGARITAS AND ALSO HAVE A BIG BAR BILL! LOL!

It was a great cruise!

I will post the pictures soon!

We stopped in FLL before our cruise to make our usual stop at Total Wine and also picked up a case of bottle water. We just stuck a luggage tag on it and hoped for the best. Sure enough it was delivered with my room mates luggage almost fully intact. (One water bottle was missing but hey, we figured the guy that delivered it might have been thirsty. We didn't mind one bit!) It worth doing!

I have a quick question and I think it kinda relates to this. I had read the rules and wasn't going to take liquor or wine on board but then I was looking through the questions on RCCL and saw this answer:

"Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic nor non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing."

So I get the alcohol but as for the non-alcoholic...are they going to take away water and soda? I was planning on picking some up at the port but not if they are getting that strict. Can anyone help me out with what they have encountered.

Thanks

Deb

Anyway, I opened my suitcase and forked over the contraband! Oh, not before one of my friends (who accompanied me to the brig) took a picture of me clutching my wine bottle while the security guard was taking it out of my hands! It was all good in the end. Here is it only January and I now have my Christmas card photo for next year already!:):)

LOL:D:D!

Whoever coined the term "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" could have easily been talking about you. Love it.

we went on the Navigator January 2. We knew about the alcohol restrictions, so we emptied 2 mouthwash bottles out and put our vodka in them. Now they will probably confiscate mouthwash, too! :D

Didn't the vodka taste like mouthwash?:eek:

OP, thanks for a good laugh! I'm also hoping to see a photo!

The ship will cut you off if they think you've bought too much alcohol. Hubby and I bought a couple rounds for our table one night for a celebration at dinner. When we tried to buy drinks in the Schooner Bar after dinner, we were denied. The waiter told us that we had bought 16 drinks in the past 2 hours and that was over the limit. Only 2 of those were mine and 3 beers were hubby's. Neither of us was drunk or even slightly tipsy. It didn't matter - no drinks for us. :(

That is absolutely disgraceful. No amount of RCI fanatics can condone this, surely.

For all of the mouthwash people, also keep in mind that the line actually does know about this and look for it. I've heard security people ask ... Hmmm ... I wonder why people need a full bottle (or more) of mouth-wash for such a short cruise. I have even seen carry-on bottles of mouthwash sniffed by a designated "smeller" then confiscated.

It is stupid to use mouthwash bottles. I use the heavy plastic vitamin bottles for my liquers. That is all I drink.

I put the vitamin bottles in a sock, put the sock in a shoe, and wrap in a T-shirt. Works very well.

;);):D;);)

Archived