Celebrity Website Related Issues

Woobstr112G

Here's an interesting thing I just discovered about the Celebrity website and with Celebrity itself. As I stated in a prior thread, I am unable to order or pay for anything through the "My Celebrity" portion of the website. I am however able to do buy things if I go through the main portion of the website.:confused: Several days ago I was told this by a Captain's Club rep. She also told me to test it out afterwhich I could cancel it. I tested it by ordering an excursion for $178.00 and then canceling it.

Here's where it gets confusing. Instead of refunding the $178.00 to my credit card, Celebrity applied it to my outstanding balance.:confused: I know I owe still on the cruise and I'm not mad about it, but it seems confusing to me that Celebrity would do this rather than refund directly back to my credit card.....:confused:

Bob

Here's where it gets confusing. Instead of refunding the $178.00 to my credit card, Celebrity applied it to my outstanding balance.:confused: I know I owe still on the cruise and I'm not mad about it, but it seems confusing to me that Celebrity would do this rather than refund directly back to my credit card.....:confused:

Bob

Bob, You're a lucky man that the charge didn't just disappear into the intercosmos!

Here's an interesting thing I just discovered about the Celebrity website and with Celebrity itself. As I stated in a prior thread, I am unable to order or pay for anything through the "My Celebrity" portion of the website. I am however able to do buy things if I go through the main portion of the website.:confused: Several days ago I was told this by a Captain's Club rep. She also told me to test it out afterwhich I could cancel it. I tested it by ordering an excursion for $178.00 and then canceling it.

Bob

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by ordering through the "main portion of the website." If I try to order anything (i.e., specialty dining), you have to put in your booking number, sailing date, ship, etc. That automatically puts you into the "My Celebrity" portion of the website when it brings up your reservation, no differently than if you logged in with your ID and password.

I am trying to booking reservations for the specialty restaurant, and it allows me to put in the date and time, but when I click on "order" it just keeps bringing me back to the order page. What am I doing wrong?

Jo-Ann

Bob, you have a good attitude. If I were asked to "test" the purchasing possibilities and then they applied the money ANYWHERE after I cancelled, I might not be so happy about it!

Jo-Ann: I am having the same problem and I am assuming it is because all of the reservations are booked. I have tried every night at every time for the 13 nights and none are available, like your experience it just keeps cycling back to the page where you enter the date and time. Very disappointing to say the least. If you have any luck, let me know.

Jane

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by ordering through the "main portion of the website." If I try to order anything (i.e., specialty dining), you have to put in your booking number, sailing date, ship, etc. That automatically puts you into the "My Celebrity" portion of the website when it brings up your reservation, no differently than if you logged in with your ID and password.

I am trying to booking reservations for the specialty restaurant, and it allows me to put in the date and time, but when I click on "order" it just keeps bringing me back to the order page. What am I doing wrong?

Jo-Ann

I too am having the same problem when I try and book dinner for a specialty restaurant. There must be problem with the website.

problem when I try and book dinner for a specialty restaurant. There must be problem with the website.

I called them about Specialty Dining reservations. My trip is late August, she said that option wouldn't be loaded until late February +/-

Excursion bookings are online OK.

You'd think the website could actually tell you to try later !

I too am having the same problem when I try and book dinner for a specialty restaurant. There must be problem with the website.

If you are using firefox instead of internet explorer it won't work per a CC rep when I was having trouble. I tried it with IE and it worked.

Pam

If you are using firefox instead of internet explorer it won't work per a CC rep when I was having trouble. I tried it with IE and it worked.

Pam

Thank you so much! I switched from Mozilla to IE and it worked like a charm. Got us booked at Murano!

Jo-Ann

I'm on the Century TA in May and I have been trying to make a reservation at Murano's on the Century. Round and round. Let's me put in day and time and search but then takes me right back to the search page. So I call the Captain's Club and some nice guy says he will make the reservation for me. He takes down all this info, I thank him, he tells me it may take a few days to show up. He's actually doing all this by email and he says it will take a bit to input it.

Okay. I wait a few days. I keep checking. It never shows a reservation in or pending. I give up. I call them. Customer service has no idea why it's not working and transfers me to Captain's Club.

This time I get a nice woman who says you can't make a specialty reservation longer than 60 days out and it should open up Mid March or so.

So now I am going to get out of Firefox and see if Safari is any different. I don't think I even have IE on this mac.

We'll see. I will report back if it works ... despite what Celebrity has told me. And there seems to be no agreement on their end at that. :rolleyes:

fern

... I am utterly amazed. Weeks of hassle and everyone at Celebrity telling me different authoritative things

... and I switch out of Firefox and go in through Safari (not IE) and in I go. I now have two reservations for when I want.

Thanks to all of you!

fern

... I am utterly amazed. Weeks of hassle and everyone at Celebrity telling me different authoritative things

... and I switch out of Firefox and go in through Safari (not IE) and in I go. I now have two reservations for when I want.

Thanks to all of you!

fern

Holy Cow....I switched to Safari and I was able to make a payment......Yahoooooo.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, you have a good attitude. If I were asked to "test" the purchasing possibilities and then they applied the money ANYWHERE after I cancelled, I might not be so happy about it!

Jo-Ann: I am having the same problem and I am assuming it is because all of the reservations are booked. I have tried every night at every time for the 13 nights and none are available, like your experience it just keeps cycling back to the page where you enter the date and time. Very disappointing to say the least. If you have any luck, let me know.

Jane

Ditto here but for everything from excursions, wine package, spa, specialty dining...I don't think everything is booked based on looking at what is still available online. I am thinking maybe they don't open it up until several days before you cruise???

I'm using googles browser (Chrome) and can't book Muranos (I just tried it) I'm switching to IE now I'll be back in a few minutes and let you know if it worked,

Good luck. I'm gonna stick with Safari because it works.....

Bob

Archived