Winter 2011-12/15 Day Cruises Not available?

blackfoot

I was looking at the possibility of booking an extended 2011 winter cruise- none are offered. They were available in 09 and 10- I think they were 12&15 day cruises.Might they be added later in the year?

If you book a 7 day BTB cruise, is a discount is offered?

Thanks in advance!

If you book a 7 day BTB cruise, is a discount is offered?

Thanks in advance!

yes, there is an additional discount on the 2nd cruise in the BtB beyond the on board discount mentioned by ZQ Vol above. But I believe there is always a discount on the 2nd cruise in the BtB segment (having just a got a revised invoice on our BtB in the Med for this summer).

I don't get the rationale for the significant discount in an on board booking - v. booking through Miami, right now I believe its 15% off the published Web rate , but when you add in the 5% discount on the 2nd segment for a btb, its a very nice total.

FT

Ok I'm sure that this is a silly question. But I don't understand all of these possible discounts... Will someone please expalin? Are they only applicable on cruise #2 and beyond? Also, many of you talk about Miami... Who is this person? I've never spoken to a Miami when I've phoned in.

Thanks everyone!

Ok I'm sure that this is a silly question. But I don't understand all of these possible discounts... Will someone please expalin? Are they only applicable on cruise #2 and beyond? Also, many of you talk about Miami... Who is this person? I've never spoken to a Miami when I've phoned in.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry,

when I use the term Miami, I just mean when you call the miami office of Sea Dream. I've gotten in the habit of calling James, the "commodore" -he's basically dedicated to return guests. James Cabello. His contact info is 631-6112 - direct or , (800) 707-4911 ext 112 or jcabello a seadream.com. A former CAD, he's great. Of course, just about everyone is great.

There is an "on board discount" available when you book a voyage while on board SD. When we were on board in December it was 15%. That comes off the price posted on the Web site. There is a discount available for the 2nd voyage in a back to back - two cruises in a row. It doesn't apply to the first cruise - just the second. but the 15% applies to anything you book while on board. Sometimes there may be other unadvertised specials available. It never hurts to call Miami and ask. Sometimes the on board discount has been lower. I believe it varies depending on the level of bookings.

hope this helps.

FT

Hey Frequent traveler,

We are about to embark on our first SDII cruise this sunday.

and we are wondering what ? if any ,are SD's selling style are. meaning, do they hound you , while on the cruise to attend seminars to drum up sales? just a thought, they do seem too classy for that...:)

KathyandDanny

Hey Frequent traveler,

We are about to embark on our first SDII cruise this sunday.

and we are wondering what ? if any ,are SD's selling style are. meaning, do they hound you , while on the cruise to attend seminars to drum up sales? just a thought, they do seem too classy for that...:)

KathyandDanny

FT is spending this week in Jamaica (how is it that my wife got to go to Jamaica, while I sit in NC waiting on a snow storm) and only occasionally online, but I can answer that for all of us who cruise SD on a regular basis. The extent of the push to book will be at the nightly talk about the next port with they will tell you that the CAD is in the reception area if you want to talk about booking a future cruise. No push at all, no seminar, just letting you know where to do it.

Coming late to the party as usual ...

No need to worry about those annoying sales pitches while on SD. Truthfully the yachting experience sells itself if you are predisposed to this laid back vacation:p

Zqvol is absolutely right that there is just a whisper of a mention that the CAD is available for consultation if you want to investigate another cruise. A word to the wise ... if you are interested in booking another cruise don't wait until the next to last day as there is always a line to see the CAD!

Archived