Carnival "Formal Attire"

rs12065

We have just booked the Glory for 12/12/2010. This will be our first Carnival cruise after many cruises on Celebrity and Princess. We had considered cruising on NCL because the

Freestyle" cruising had an appeal and we liked the itinerary. We were looking forward to a cruise with a real formal night.

However, after having dealt with incredibly poor customer service at NCL, we dropped our plans for "Freestyle" cruising and instead opted for the Glory in December, which has a good itinerary and fits into our schedule.

My question is (and it is just a question, so please no lectures from the fashion police) would a blue blazer with or without a tie and slacks be out of line on formal nights on the Glory. I know what the company line is, but what is actually being worn on Carnival cruises on these evenings.

Thanks for any constructive responses.

Dr. Bob

oh yeah, that would look splendid, and above what half the people would wear.

i myself don't even have a blazer or sport coat, i just usually went with some nice slacks and shirt tucked in. tie as well i think.

don't be surprised if you see someone in jeans with a polo. yup, for some people that's elegant.

anyway try a search and you'll find a ton of threads about this and some good stories too probably.

We have just booked the Glory for 12/12/2010. This will be our first Carnival cruise after many cruises on Celebrity and Princess. We had considered cruising on NCL because the

Freestyle" cruising had an appeal and we liked the itinerary. We were looking forward to a cruise with a real formal night.

However, after having dealt with incredibly poor customer service at NCL, we dropped our plans for "Freestyle" cruising and instead opted for the Glory in December, which has a good itinerary and fits into our schedule.

My question is (and it is just a question, so please no lectures from the fashion police) would a blue blazer with or without a tie and slacks be out of line on formal nights on the Glory. I know what the company line is, but what is actually being worn on Carnival cruises on these evenings.

Thanks for any constructive responses.

Dr. Bob

In a word that is "Perfect" for the described night.

Archived