Carnival Stigma?

rbird

I personally think a Carnival Stigmata would be a lot more interesting.

hahahahahahaha...i've been waiting days for someone to make this post.

Was wondering how long it would take. :p

So is this going to be a new group everyone adds to thier signatures?

:rolleyes:

There is going to be partying and drinking on every cruise ship, and yes there will be the people that party and drink way to much and annoy everybody else, but those people are everwhere. I didn't see any more drinking or partying than I thought I would and had a very relaxing vacation. A Carnival cruise is great!!

There's partying on every cruise ship, and I fully intend to be one of the people having a great time. :)

Nothing more fun than getting together with your friends on a cruise ship. I'll be sailing with my girlfriends (we're all in our late 40's) on Destiny in 3 weeks and we can't wait!

Carnival tends to be the low-price leader compared to other cruise lines doing similar itineraries, so many people assume the lower price also means lower quality. I don't think the stigma is that Carnival is the Party Cruise Line anymore - the mantra I constantly hear from friends and family is you get what you pay for! Inexpensive sometimes means low quality and poor service.

In some respects, the old saying you get what you pay for still holds true - but it also depends on what you expect and want from a cruise line! For many, Carnival fits the bill - let face it, we can cruise more when we pay less! But some people feel the decor is over the top, or they prefer certain amenities not available on Carnival or they don't mind paying more for a certain brand! The way I see it, cruise lines are a lot like handbags!

We are not particularly loyal to one line over another, but we have our favorites. We don't mind paying more for a cruise on a certain line when it's what we are looking to do. But if it weren't for the amazing last minute price I got on our Spelndor cruise this weekend, I probably wouldn't be cruising so often!

I keep telling myself that vacation is what you make of it. I sure hope I'm right.

I have been:

2 RCI cruises (7 day) west coast Vision of the seas

1 RCI cruise (4 days) west coast Monarch of the seas

1 Carnival (4 day) west coast Carnival Paradise

1 Carnival (7 day) Caribbean carnival Legend

There was very little difference between all the cruises in amount of drinking and partying. In face the quietest cruise was on the 7 day on the Carnival Ledend.

Archived