Sea Miles vs. PVP

Kokopelli2

We have always booked through our PVP, but now see that we can get triple points by booking through Sea Miles. Has anybody switched over for booking? Sea Miles says that they have the same access to prices and free upgrades, but I am leary.....

We have always booked through our PVP, but now see that we can get triple points by booking through Sea Miles. Has anybody switched over for booking? Sea Miles says that they have the same access to prices and free upgrades, but I am leary.....

You should be. Carnival is no longer associated with the seamiles program because of all the customer service complaints. The one and only cruise I booked with seamiles they screwed it up from one end to the other. And Carnival would not even talk to me about it until I got on the ship and spoke to a very helpful Purser. He got us all on a 3 way phone call and got it sorted out to my satisfatction, with no help from seamiles at all. Carnival stood up and did the right thing. Cut up my card as soon as I returned from that cruise. OP: nice avatar by the way.

Sea Miles was converted to Fun Points- jsut got my package in the mail- you can book directly with your PVP and then go to the Fun POints/Miles website and redeem your points for credit on your statement- way better than Sea Miles and I can book direct now- totally night and day difference.

There are actually two programs now. Carnival stayed with Barclay's Bank, but dropped the SeaMiles deal. It works like before, except you get Funpoints instead of miles, and redeem them as stated above. The SeaMiles people have a separate card that they would dearly love for you to get, offering four miles per dollar on Carnival Cruises, etc. You might get an email from SeaMiles showing you how much better their program is than FunPoints...EM

There are actually two programs now. Carnival stayed with Barclay's Bank, but dropped the SeaMiles deal. It works like before, except you get Funpoints instead of miles, and redeem them as stated above. The SeaMiles people have a separate card that they would dearly love for you to get, offering four miles per dollar on Carnival Cruises, etc. You might get an email from SeaMiles showing you how much better their program is than FunPoints...EM

This is the Sea Miles I was referring to. We had the Carnival card and switched over to Sea Miles. They are offering 4x sea miles when booking through them or one of their TA's. I have gotten very good service from my PVP, but the 4x offer sounds good.

Sea Miles was converted to Fun Points- jsut got my package in the mail- you can book directly with your PVP and then go to the Fun POints/Miles website and redeem your points for credit on your statement- way better than Sea Miles and I can book direct now- totally night and day difference.

So you are still using the old Carnival card? We still have that card also. Do you get extra points for booking with Carnival?

We used them this past October and experienced no problems and great prices.

I used my fun points a couple of weeks or so ago. I just got my credit card statement yesteday, tore it open, and ...yep!, there was $500.00 knocked off of my bill. All thanks to the fun points program.

Forget Sea Miles!

Shay

I used my fun points a couple of weeks or so ago. I just got my credit card statement yesteday, tore it open, and ...yep!, there was $500.00 knocked off of my bill. All thanks to the fun points program.

Forget Sea Miles!

Shay

Shay, did you book through them? I have both cards, but I am wondering about booking through them or their TA vs. through my PVP....

Archived