Cruising with 5 kids!

Kidsx5

Hi, I am new here, just joined. I am going to be frequenting this paticular forum so I thought I'd introduce myself! :) My name is Heather, I am from Mass and going on our very first cruise in April on Carnival Fascination. 5 Days leaving from Jacksonville and going to the Bahamas. SO excited. We are traveling with our 5 kids, ages 4-13! So I'll be trying to get all the info from now till then that I can on traveling with kids!

Hi Heather, Welcome to these great boards. You will learn so much here and be really well prepared for your trip. Use the search engines that will help you a great deal. You will love cruising. My husband and I are hooked.

Fascination is a lovely ship, and is being refurbished now. Make sure you head to the top deck after muster drill to wtch her pass under the Dames Point Bridge...It is a tight fit! Are you doing the Key West or Half Moon Cay itinerary? EM

Fascination is a lovely ship, and is being refurbished now. Make sure you head to the top deck after muster drill to wtch her pass under the Dames Point Bridge...It is a tight fit! Are you doing the Key West or Half Moon Cay itinerary? EM

Half Moon Cay :)

Ahhh...Half Moon cay - Best beach day ever! Softest sand...you never have to watch where you are stepping. Clear water, no surf. Very kid friendly 'barbecue'...You won't want to leave. EM

I can't wait :) I've googled pictures of it and the water looks amazing! Do they have "water toys" there do you know?

Hi, we have 6 kids 18-3 that we are taking on a crusie on NCL this Saturday. When we get back I'll be sure to write a review of what worked, what didn't, and what could we have left home and what we should have packed.

My kids are 18 boy, 16 girl, 13 boy, 11 boy ( with the added challenge of Aspergers), 9 girl, 3 boy. Hoping to have alot of fun.

Dont know if any of the dollar stores will have any beach things out or not by the time you leave,but we have brought the dollar blow up tubes and rafts with us to the private islands and were so glad we did. The kids had a blast floating around and much cheaper than renting them.(you can leave them there afterwards and not worry about trying to pack them up) We also brought our own snorkel equipment. If you kids like to play in the sand, bring some plastic cups or shovels and it will keep them busy on the beautiful sandy beach.

Hi, we have 6 kids 18-3 that we are taking on a crusie on NCL this Saturday. When we get back I'll be sure to write a review of what worked, what didn't, and what could we have left home and what we should have packed.

My kids are 18 boy, 16 girl, 13 boy, 11 boy ( with the added challenge of Aspergers), 9 girl, 3 boy. Hoping to have alot of fun.

OMG! I'm tired just reading about all your kids!

I honestly dont know how women can have the energy to raise so many children. My hat is off to your family. Congrats! You are blessed :)

We're going with our five kids (ages 10, 8, 3, 2 and 2) on the Carnival Miracle in April. Our older two have cruised before, but it's new for the little ones. We'll have stops at Belize City, Belize, Colon, Panama and Limon, Costa Rica. We're also going with my parents. Any thoughts on what to do?

For Belize, I'm thinking we go to Jaguar Paw resort and do the cave tubing/zip lining while some stay back with the little ones. On the way back from the ship, we stop at the Belize Zoo.

For Costa Rica, I'm looking at spending the day at Cahuita National Park, snorkeling and playing on the beach.

For Panama, I'm thinking of taking a tour of the canal and some of the indian villages.

Any thoughts as to how these would work for little ones?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there,

Will you be on the trip leaving on 4/17, on the fascination?

If so, my partner and I will be on that trip also with our 3 kiddos, ages 3 1/2, 6, and 7 1/2.

It will be our first cruise and possibly the kids' first plane rides, depending on airfare.

I'll be on this cruise as well. DH and I with our 16 month old daughter. It's our first cruise. We are so excited!

Half Moon Cay :)

Aaaah! Half Moon Cay! The most beautiful of the private islands! Huge beach area, clean white sand, beautiful clear water (no waves), plenty of beach chairs, and delicious lunch buffet! Separate kid's area, rental mats, and friendly staff. You will LOVE it! I have five kids as well (thankfully grown and educated). When they were young, cruising wasn't an option, as it was far too expensive and just a few ships. So, Disneyland and Yellowstone driving trips were our thing. (Mom, Dad, 5 kids, dog - in a Suburban). Great memories! (Pretty much) (Kind of) (No, pretty much).

Archived