Serenade ... why is the Seaview Cafe getting so much press?

I'm reading numerous reviews that throw in comments about how great the Seaview Cafe is, so I'm curious about what's driving that. Is it the food, the location, the service?

Inquiring minds want to know!

The Seaview Cafe is near the back of the ship near the kids area. A lot of people don't go past the kiddies slide and, as such, they never find/see the cafe. The food is good and the outside views are great. We have cruised twice on the Radiance class and both times we ate frequently at the Seaview. There was never a crowd.

I'm reading numerous reviews that throw in comments about how great the Seaview Cafe is, so I'm curious about what's driving that. Is it the food, the location, the service?

Speaking specifically about Radiance, the onion rings, sandwiches, salads, chicken wings, just to name a few.

Everything is made to order. The location being aft with the beautiful view. Your choice to eat inside or outside.

It is opened from 9PM to 1AM for late night snacks.

All Radiance class ships have a SeaView and have the same menu except for Brilliance which is more of an Italian menu.

We will get to experience the SeaView on Serenade this coming April during our consecutive cruise.:D

In our opinion it's the food and the location. Brilliance is run by RCCL UK and has a custom pasta, pizza, and pannini menu along with some salads. The other 3 Radiance class ships have burgers, wings, onion rings, reuben sandwich, and more. It is custom made and served fresh and hot. No comparison to the burgers other places around the ship where they sit in a tray and are luke warm. The indoor/ outdoor seating on Deck 12 aft is a prime spot as well. Not that many people wander back there on their strolls around the ship so many never discover the view or the menu.

Our first trip on a Radiance Class, the BOS, it was two days before we discovered the Seaview. We had walked back there on deck 12 numerous times during our walks around, but not when it was open so missed it. Our last cruise on the ROS, we made it a point to stop there and sat outside.

Patti I forgot to try and Onion Rings.

Gay

(and there were ALOT of them...great ship)..was the Seaview; dittos to what everyone else have posted; in some ways the tastiest food on the ship it terms of freshness and ingredients (loved the chicken wings/onion riings)...and NO EXTRA CHARGE (for now...)

Never too crowded because of the out of the way location; and GREAT view, We would often eat there for lunch and latenite.

Next RCI cruise is the behemoth Independence OTS....but no Seaview :( will miss it,

Mitch

(and there were ALOT of them...great ship)..was the Seaview; dittos to what everyone else have posted; in some ways the tastiest food on the ship it terms of freshness and ingredients (loved the chicken wings/onion riings)...and NO EXTRA CHARGE (for now...)

Never too crowded because of the out of the way location; and GREAT view, We would often eat there for lunch and latenite.

Next RCI cruise is the behemoth Independence OTS....but no Seaview :( will miss it,

Mitch

WTH are you talking? Behemoth IOS? That´s just the size of a life raft ot Oasis;):p:D

I ate there just once on the BOS, and although the food was freshly cooked and very tasty, the opening hours of seaview were a problem, in that it never seemed to be open during during our normal mealtimes, except lunch, and on the Med cruise we were off the ship most days, so ate lunch out. There was no way we could eat again late at night after dinner, so that was a major restriction.

We are on the JOS to Scandanavia/Russia this summer, and we have more sea days, so hopefully can take more advantage of what is, no doubt, a nice alternative

I ate there just once on the BOS, and although the food was freshly cooked and very tasty, the opening hours of seaview were a problem, in that it never seemed to be open during during our normal mealtimes, except lunch, and on the Med cruise we were off the ship most days, so ate lunch out. There was no way we could eat again late at night after dinner, so that was a major restriction.

We are on the JOS to Scandanavia/Russia this summer, and we have more sea days, so hopefully can take more advantage of what is, no doubt, a nice alternative - although, I think with a wait time for the food to be cooked it could be quite a wait

My stepson grabbed a sandwich there about five on embarkation day on our recent Jewel cruise - his lght lunch in Boston wasn't carrying him to dinner time. The Windjammer had closed to set up for dinner. He and his sister boarded late to give us plenty of time to board and eat since their presence was to be a surprise to DH. What a fun cruise and what great memories!

I am so glad to hear that the Seaview on the Serenade is getting rave reviews since I'm introducing some friends to RCI next Saturday and of course, want everything to be perfect.

I don´t know why others mention it, but I´d certainly say the seaview has good food, no extra charge and a nice location.

I also think the seaview is kinda secret as it´s a bit in a off the beaten path location and many people don´t find it until well into the cruise.;)

It's like a good version of Johnny Rockets

Also, for ships without a promenade it's the only place to get real food late at night...

Archived