Please help !!!

cruzin w chris

omg we have not been able to cruise for the past 3 years for financial reasons and i have been going out of my mind. next year (2011) is looking much much better but until then it has been horrible. i have tried staying away from these boards but eventually its cc is like a giant powerful magnet and i am the tin man. for those of you that go through that much time without a cruise HOW DO YOU DO IT!!? when i finally get one booked i will be much better but until then i just dont know what to do.

Oh man, I know how it feels. With the situation the way it is, it's hard to spend $. I also went a little crazy after our Freedom cruise. I wanted to book right away, but my GF did not; she was very dissapointed on our CC.

Finally I convinced her to try a different line. It was heaven to me! we booked a short 3 nighter, about $100 pp after discounts. My depression went away.

It's funny, the solution to your sadness/depression is just a cruise away, even a short one!

Hang in there pal, watch those prices, don't give up. Find a cruise that you might like to take and watch it every day, pretend you'll book it when it drops. It made me feel better! good luck!!!!

You could do what we do: we book a cruise a long way out, pay for it (inch by inch, bit by bit), then when the time comes we have a paid for vacation. If money is still tight, we just don't spend much on the ship.

And you can have a very economical vacation on a cruise ship.

At least then you'll be counting down! And there are some good sales going on right now.

Shay

You could do what we do: we book a cruise a long way out, pay for it (inch by inch, bit by bit), then when the time comes we have a paid for vacation. If money is still tight, we just don't spend much on the ship.

And you can have a very economical vacation on a cruise ship.

At least then you'll be counting down! And there are some good sales going on right now.

Shay

Yes - its what we do too. If you think you might be able to cruise in 2011, pick one out now. You then will feel quite good that you have something to look forward to. Put a small deposit down and start pinching pennies. We've given up summer vacations and trips so that we can enjoy 10 days away in the winter.

Hey, we are practically neighbors..in fact i work in Orchard Park! We do the shorter less expensive cruises....The main problem i find is the air fare...i find many times air fair from this area costs more than the price of the cruise itself! The last cruise we did was a 3 day and the next one i got great early bird prices on the destiny 5 day. We booked it way in advance.

We were planning on doing our first cruise Jan 2009, but those plans got canceled because I had a baby Dec 2008 (fortunately we found out I was pregnant before we booked the cruise!) The worst part was, we had been saving up for a Disney cruise for a while and instead all that money went towards baby stuff and a new car.

Now we're planning on Jan 2011 and we both say nothing's going to stop us this time. Deposit will be put down once I get birth certificates for the kids and order our passports, as well as finishing our tax return. Fortunately, our tax return will cover the cruise (minus whatever we spend onboard) and the little bit of CC debt we currently have (Christmas and plane tickets for a wedding) so that way our normal CC payments will go into our vacation fund.

It's been a long time coming for us, and I'm really excited that this time we will get to go (and this time, I'm not willing to postpone the date for friends who want to go with us but kids aren't two yet...I did that when planning the Disney cruise and if I hadn't we could have gone!!!) Of course, I have a friend considering joining us but her daughter will be 5 at the time so no worries there!

I agree with everyone else though, decide on which cruise you'd like to take and that way when you do have the money to put down, you can without having to take the time to make decisions.

omg we have not been able to cruise for the past 3 years for financial reasons and i have been going out of my mind. next year (2011) is looking much much better but until then it has been horrible. i have tried staying away from these boards but eventually its cc is like a giant powerful magnet and i am the tin man. for those of you that go through that much time without a cruise HOW DO YOU DO IT!!? when i finally get one booked i will be much better but until then i just dont know what to do.

I had the same problem...I had never been on a cruise, and could not afford one, or so I thought.

So we all saved $25pp a month for the first two years and $35pp for the next and after three years I went on my 1st cruise.

(after the 1st 2 years we booked the cruise)

I came home, and the boards sucked me in. I thought I will just visit with my buddies.

I didn't help, But what I also found out, I can save $75-100 a month if I really want something.

And I did, I wanted to go on a cruise with my new friends on the Dream.

so we booked the CC Group 4B, and now it is only 3 weeks away,

and fully paid for, along with everything that is planned.

My Daughter also wanted to cruise again, with her family.

Finding enough money for 3 is harder.

So I did some searching, and found the best priced Caribbean 7 day Cruise. Jan 15th 2011...

We'll be getting out of the cold, and onto the Liberty.

There is a CC Group being formed for that one too.

Great Price, time enough to save, can book it now with the $25 reduced Deposit,

and it comes with $100 OBC...

Doing the math by going with this group we saved $124.00 per Cabin over Carnival for two.

Not all Groups have as good of price, but look for what is important to you,

(Savings, OBC, Ports of Call) then start saving and doing the Count down.

Just in case you want to see what we are doing...

Click here for more information

Price.gif.........round.gif

Yes - its what we do too. If you think you might be able to cruise in 2011, pick one out now. You then will feel quite good that you have something to look forward to. Put a small deposit down and start pinching pennies. We've given up summer vacations and trips so that we can enjoy 10 days away in the winter.

dont you have to put down like 50 % as a deposit

Hey, we are practically neighbors..in fact i work in Orchard Park! We do the shorter less expensive cruises....The main problem i find is the air fare...i find many times air fair from this area costs more than the price of the cruise itself! The last cruise we did was a 3 day and the next one i got great early bird prices on the destiny 5 day. We booked it way in advance.

well hello neighbor, i live about a mile from ralph wilson stadium.

dont you have to put down like 50 % as a deposit

With the Cruise Critic Group Liberty Cruise for next Jan 15th,

we have the reduced Deposit of $25 pp for double occupancy,

so if it is just two of you booking a cabin, you can book it now with $50.

The rest of the Deposit is due in July, and final payment is in Oct.

With the Cruise Critic Group Liberty Cruise for next Jan 15th,

we have the reduced Deposit of $25 pp for double occupancy,

so if it is just two of you booking a cabin, you can book it now with $50.

The rest of the Deposit is due in July, and final payment is in Oct.

its 4 all together wife and i and two kids

its 4 all together wife and i and two kids

I think if you plan on all 4 in the same Cabin it is a full deposit for the CC Group Cruises.

Not sure if you can book stating two and add the kids later.

I know they are Guarantee Cabins, But if you don't add them, you might not be able to, depending on how many rooms are avail, for 4

But you could ask the CC Ta, and find out

Not that you need to go on this cruise, just giving options.

This cruise would be apx $1400-$1940 for 4. Gov. and port fees included.

Depending on What Cabin Cat. you select of those offered in the Group listing.

Then you have an OBC of $100 you can use once on board.

i think the earlier you book the less of a deposit they should ask of you. i would love to surprise the family with a cruise but my wife would notice the large chunk of money missing if i could even come up with a 50% deposit.

If you are thinking of this CC group cruise you can always call and ask what the rules are for booking for Two at this time,

and add the Kids later, After you have sneaked money with out the wife noticing. :eek:

We booked our Cabins already with full deposit, because we have 3 in each, and wanted adjoining room, as we will have a baby with us. and one more next to those two.

I am just saying that, because when I first Booked it, I picked my Cabin, but I was the only one booked,

(the baby is not born yet, but will be 7 mo. at time of Sailing)

and my DH was not on board with the cruise yet either.

Now he is added , and the baby will be added later.

So If you pull off the $500 for two of you, pick a cabin with room for four, and add them later.

it is a thought...and it never hurts to ask when calling

Archived