Can we cruise from US to Australia?

AZGrandma

Is it possible to cruise from LA or other CA port, to Australia? I've found only reference to this online, from a passenger who said you could travel with the QM2 on the LA - Sydney leg of its world cruise. Is there another option? Any info - cruise line, seasons offered, etc. - would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Leslie

Is it possible to cruise from LA or other CA port, to Australia? I've found only reference to this online, from a passenger who said you could travel with the QM2 on the LA - Sydney leg of its world cruise. Is there another option? Any info - cruise line, seasons offered, etc. - would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Leslie

Yes, you can.

As well as cruising on a section of an atw cruise, you can cruise from US to Aus in September when ships reposition to Australia for the summer season here, then back in April, when ships reposition to US for the Alaska season there.

Some ships travel via the South Pacific, whilst others travel via Alaska, China and SE Asia.

I'm sure others will give you more details on the lines.

Thanks,

Leslie

There are several Cruise ships that you could choose from

Princess Cruises

Pacific Princess From LA to Sydney February 2010

Sapphire Princess from San Francisco to Sydney in September 2010

Dawn Princess from LA to Sydney in August 2010

Royal Caribbean

Rhapsody Of The Seas from Honolulu to Sydney September 2010

Fred Olson Cruise Lines

Balmoral San Francisco to Sydney February 2010 (about $60 USA a day) leaves this week though)

I am sure there are others, but those above are couple to consider.

Ian

Is it possible to cruise from LA or other CA port, to Australia?

You sure can.

We have friends cruising out this year on Sapphire.

Not only are they cruising from Seattle to Sydney, but they have booked the back to back cruise and will stay on board and cruise back home again.

Wonderful.

No flying for them.

There are several Cruise ships that you could choose from

Royal Caribbean

Rhapsody Of The Seas from Honolulu to Sydney September 2010

Ian

Rhapsody actually leaves on Sept 17 from Vancouver to Hawaii (I know it is not "USA" but so close it does not really matter) and the Honolulu departure goes via Tahiti and FP. We are doing the reposition this year from Vancouver to Sydney come along and join us!!!

Cheers

David

Holland America has a wonderful 46 day segment of their World Cruise next year in January that leaves from Ft. Lauderdale and finishes in Sydney on the Amsterdam. The best part of this itinerary is that it gives you 11 days cruising around New Zealand before finishing in Sydney.

Here is the itinerary:

: ms Amsterdam

Ports of Call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US; Georgetown, Cayman Islands; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Enter Panama Canal Cristobal; Exit Panama Canal Balboa; Manta, Ecuador; Callao (Lima), Peru; Easter Island, Chile; Papeete, French Polynesia; Bora Bora, French Polynesia; Rarotonga, Cook Islands; Alofi, Niue NUALF; Cross International Dateline; Nuku' Alofa, Tonga; Auckland, New Zealand; Tauranga (Rotorua) New Zealand; Napier, New Zealand; Wellington, New Zealand; Christchurch (Lyttelton) NZ; Dunedin (Port Chalmers) NZ; Oban (Halfmoon Bay), New Zealand; Fiordland Natl Park Eastbound; Hobart, Australia; Port Arthur, Australia; Sydney, Australia;

I woud love to do it and I had a good quote but unfortunately with our water crisis here in Melbourne, we couldn't leave our garden for those 6 weeks in the middle of summer.

Jennie

Dont forget Volendam comes down this way for its Au/NZ season.

This year its coming in September....

22-Sep-2010 30 Nights Volendam, ex Vancouver to Auckland

23-Sep-2010 29 Nights Volendam, ex Seattle to Auckland

It then carries on with a 14 night cruise to Sydney.

We took the Star Princess last year from San Francisco to Sydney and stayed aboard for the return cruise from Sydney to Los Angeles. Each cruise was 30 days. Ports were in Hawaii, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, Apia and Pago Pago in Samoa, Fiji, Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, cruising the fjords, Sydney. It was such a great trip we have booked the same cruise for this fall on Sapphire Princess leaving from San Francisco on September 22nd. Come join us. No flying!!!

Aussie Girl,

Sure wish we could do the 46 day cruise and come back down under again...unfortunately timing is not good for us....maybe the next year.

Sheila,

Hopefully there will be a similar itinerary as I loved the idea of the 11 days or so cruising around New Zealand before arriving into Sydney. I will be looking out for a similar one in the next few years.

So glad you enjoyed our time "down here".

Jennie

Archived