Packing Questions, And Changing Clothes For Dinner

Kidsx5

So I am totally lost as what to plan to pack! My kids ages are 13, 8, 7, 6 and 4. We are going on a 5 day cruise. Obviously I am planning the normal stuff, bathing suits, PJ's, something warm. But how about dinner? Should I pack separate outfits and make them change? Not sure how that works? A friend told me dinner is "dressier" (we are on Carnival if that matters)

Do they get really messy with the camp? Also, life jackets I know are available on the ship, but how about on the beaches at port? Can I rent them there or should I plan on bringing them?

Last question-I know for ages I think 6 and up they give the option of checking yes or no to allow children to swim. What are your thoughts on this? My children are still learning to swim (not the 13 year old lol ;) he can swim) but the little ones still wear life jackets.

Thanks for any input!

Most folks will change for dinner....kids will usually change back into their "play" clothes after they eat.

Most will wear long pants and collared shirt for dinner in the MDR....it's more casual in the buffet.

If your kids aren't "water-ready" without some sort of "support device", then you should NOT allow them in the pool alone. There are NO lifeguards on the ship...YOU are responsible for your kid's safety.

Life jackets aren't avail. for beaches, unless it's some excursion (snorkling, etc...) that requires them. Life jackets are NOT avail on the ship for swimming....only in the event of the ship sinking!!!!

If kids eat in the main dining room, they follow the same dress code as adults. Your cruise paperwork should detail the dress code for you.

As stated, there aren't life jackets on the beaches or for the pools. You would just have to watch your children.

Archived