Can I bring an iron onboard my Elation cruise from Mobile?

Nunu

Speaking of using small appliances in cabins we're bringing our deep fat fryer but does anyone know if rum runners are good to pack the frying oil in? What size runner(s) will we need (it's a three quart size fryer) ? On the morning of the last day is it ok to pour the used grease down the sink drain?

Welcome Back, Cotton!

cabincooker.jpg

Can I bring an iron on board...?:confused:

No, but you can call the Bon Voyage department and order one ahead of time to be delivered to your room. You must call them, as you cannot order this item online. You will pay a premium for this privilege though, as an entry level iron such as a Black and Decker that you would normally be able to purchase at Walmart for around $20 will run you about $40. If you need some distilled water to mix, er, fill up the iron's tank you can also order that ahead of time too.

Happy pleating.:eek:

Speaking of using small appliances in cabins we're bringing our deep fat fryer but does anyone know if rum runners are good to pack the frying oil in? What size runner(s) will we need (it's a three quart size fryer) ? On the morning of the last day is it ok to pour the used grease down the sink drain?

Welcome Back, Cotton!

cabincooker.jpg

Now cleaning up my monitor and keyboard.

I only clicked on this thread because of Cotton, always one of her biggest protesters, irons and candles. Then I see where people are saying she is back. Guess I missed that, let me go looking. If so...welcome back Cotton...we missed you sooooooooooooooooo much!!!

They do not allow you to bring clothes irons, steamers etc. on board for use in the room. They do however have irons and ironing boards in the launderttes, which they have a couple per deck.

On a serious note....I know that irons aren't allowed but I thought clothes steamers were allowed. When reading the new policy I don't see anything about steamers. Allowed or not allowed. Am I missing something???

I only clicked on this thread because of Cotton, always one of her biggest protesters, irons and candles. Then I see where people are saying she is back. Guess I missed that, let me go looking. If so...welcome back Cotton...we missed you sooooooooooooooooo much!!!

I think Firefly stood in for her while she was away:p

On a serious note....I know that irons aren't allowed but I thought clothes steamers were allowed. When reading the new policy I don't see anything about steamers. Allowed or not allowed. Am I missing something???

I always thought that covered steamers also? Or, I could be mixing up Carnival and RCCL as we go back adn forth between the two - Just like one allows me to bring my ham radio on board and the other does not.

Archived