muts questions

ckr31

we are gonna be on the Grand for the 14day Caribbean Cruise

1)do they play movies once a day or twice and approx what are the times?

2)do they have movies daily and will they show different movies everyday or will they just repeat the same movies?

MUTS is usually on from mid/late morning until the wee hours of the night. There will be everything shown from sports, movies, childrens movies, concerts, all sort of programing. Check your Princess patter and it will show you what is playing and when. It differs from day to day and evening to evening.

2)do they have movies daily and will they show different movies everyday or will they just repeat the same movies?

Get there sorta early if you want a blanket. People that arrive early have the habit of taking 2-4 blamkets each which leaves none for those who might show up later.....:confused:

Bob

Don't get exited about MUTS. It's not HD and the picture quality is pretty bad.

I have to disagree....I think the picture quality is amazing even with the sun blaring down on it.

Check out the third picture from the top on this page http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=296 . See how everything is stretched? That's how a lot of what is shown on MUTS looks like. If they had an HD screen and an HD signal like you see at every baseball or football stadium, it would look fine.

Check out the third picture from the top on this page http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=296 . See how everything is stretched? That's how a lot of what is shown on MUTS looks like. If they had an HD screen and an HD signal like you see at every baseball or football stadium, it would look fine.

I've never seen MUTS, but now I know, that I most likely never will. Some friends of mine have a wide screen TV, but no HD channels, and don't bother setting up their TV accordingly, so they have everything distorted. I just can't watch it. All wide screen TVs can be configured to show regular programming properly, by adding vertical bars on each side. You might not use the entire screen in this case, but you still get the good quality and proper proportions.

(Getting off the soap box.)

Isn't that a phenomenon of the format (height vs width) of the image, rather than anything to do with HD? If you stretch a 4 x 3 format HD image to cover a 16 x 9 HD screen, it'll be distorted in exactly the same way.

Yes, but HD images are 16 x 9. When I saw a football game on MUTS for example, I could see that it was stretched and not from an HD signal. The least they could do is accept a 16 x 9 HD signal and then put that on there screen so it will look normal.

Look, I like Princess. Its the only cruise ship I have traveled on. But, it would be nice if they could fix the MUTS picture problem.

I've never seen MUTS, but now I know, that I most likely never will. Some friends of mine have a wide screen TV, but no HD channels, and don't bother setting up their TV accordingly, so they have everything distorted. I just can't watch it. All wide screen TVs can be configured to show regular programming properly, by adding vertical bars on each side. You might not use the entire screen in this case, but you still get the good quality and proper proportions.

(Getting off the soap box.)

Yes, I know many people that have expensive HD TV's but, they too show everything stretched. It looks so stupid. They should know that many channels now broadcast in HD and they should watch those.

Yes, I know many people that have expensive HD TV's but, they too show everything stretched. It looks so stupid. They should know that many channels now broadcast in HD and they should watch those.

I don't have a problem with them watching non-HD channels, but with then not adjusting the screen output accordingly. It's usually so simple with a little button on the remote that says "Aspect".;)

Archived