What time for transfers?

What time do the transfers for Orlando airport leave from a Freedom cruise?

We did a transfer before off the explorer, but the time given was the time it actually left the port. We almost missed our flight!

Any estimates would be appreciated....

What time do the transfers for Orlando airport leave from a Freedom cruise?

We did a transfer before off the explorer, but the time given was the time it actually left the port. We almost missed our flight!

Any estimates would be appreciated....

When a bus has been filled and the luggage is stored.

It all depends on how organized the pier staff is as well as how quickly pax can move.

Ck with RC. I was told for The Majesty that I could only do the departure transfer if my flight was 11am or after. My flight was at 10:50am (only 10 min. difference), but they said they could not guarantee getting me there timely, so I decided to do express departure, took a taxi and got to the airport way ahead of time. My other option was a 4 pm flight and did not want to wait that late. All worked out great with express departure. The only thing is you have to carry off all of your own luggage, but it wasn't bad. You really have to think about allowing time for airport security. Also, when I booked my cruise I had to put that my departure flight was at 11am not 10:50 or it wouldn't let me get past that screen (just an FYI)....

Because of our home airport cancelling its last flight in, we would have to fly out of Orlando at 1215.

Do the transfers get you there by 1000 or so? We've done Orlando airport many times and screening is awful!

We may just hang out an extra day and head to Magic Kingdom, but it's so nice to be home that night!

Because of our home airport cancelling its last flight in, we would have to fly out of Orlando at 1215.

Do the transfers get you there by 1000 or so? We've done Orlando airport many times and screening is awful!

We may just hang out an extra day and head to Magic Kingdom, but it's so nice to be home that night!

I've never cruised out of there, but can you just take a cab? I know in Miami it's just a lot easier and you control your own time.

I've never cruised out of there, but can you just take a cab? I know in Miami it's just a lot easier and you control your own time.

A cab would be QUITE EXPENSIVE -- check out some of the shuttle services offered on the port of call section.

I do believe it is a good 50 minutes to an hour drive from Port Canavel to Orlando. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.:D

It is too long a drive for a cab. It would cost quite a bit.

We just got off Freedom a few weeks ago, we used FL Tours. We had arranged for our driver to pick us up at 9am, figured we had plenty of time to get off, get the luggage etc. Got off around 8, while waiting for the luggage, he called me, said he was outside waiting. We were to MCO by 9:30. We couldn't even check in yet (flights weren't until 2:05 for us and 2:30 for our friends).

I have been out of PC a few times, have always used a private company. I don't want to have to wait for a busload of people to get their act together.

BTW, the total cost of our transfer from Disney to PC to MCO was $230 RT for 5 people. We felt it was very reasonable.

Only time we had to forgo the Transfer was in Seattle, we were late disembarking due to a late arrival and since we were 30 min from the airport, the bus transfer wouldn't have been able to get us to the airport in time so we grabbed a cab, and arrived 1 1/2 hrs before our flight, otherwise we would still be sitting on the bus waiting to leave.

A cab would be QUITE EXPENSIVE -- check out some of the shuttle services offered on the port of call section.

I do believe it is a good 50 minutes to an hour drive from Port Canavel to Orlando. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.:D

Good to know, as we were thinking of taking a cruise out of there in the future. That is far!

You can make a 12:15 if the ship is on time but I would agree with others, book your own transportation. The cruiseline transfers are slow and expensive. We have sailed out of Port Canaveral a few times, the airport is a 45 minute ride away. We have done a one way car rental when we had an afternoon flight. On our last cruise from there, we had a private town car take us since our flight was at 11:15am thanks to Delta and their ever changing schedules.:rolleyes: We were of the ship before 8 and at the airport and checked in for our flight by 9. Security lines were huge so we were happy to have plenty of time to get through.

Archived