Another Question on freestyle dinning

mrbill62

And contrarey to what some believe the breakfast and lunch in the main DR (only one open) is FREE too! You would be surprised at the number of first timers that believe only the lido buffet is free and anywhere else you eat there is a charge. Then again there are many first timers that don't know it is open for breakfast and lunch. I guess they find the free food the first day on the buffet and stay with that all week. We had some people with us a few weeks ago on the Pearl ask if the burgers/steak/chicken they grilled out by the pool was free or not. That word "freestyle" can be misleading because so much of what you see avaiable is not FREE.

And contrarey to what some believe the breakfast and lunch in the main DR (only one open) is FREE too!

Shoot, now the secret is out! I used to stand by the door taking payments to let guests come into the MDR for breakfast. It helped to pay for my bar tab. lol

The OP's question had nothing to do with if you pay for breakfast in the dining room or not, [of course you don't] It had to do with if you are just seated with whoever or if it is still "Freestyle" where you sit with whom you like, including yourselves only and the answer to that is that ALL meals are freestyle in the Dining room and are also FREE, or rather, included, in your fare.

Shoot, now the secret is out! I used to stand by the door taking payments to let guests come into the MDR for breakfast. It helped to pay for my bar tab. lol

Yeah, I'm pretty well griped that they aired THAT secret!

Now, I'll need to find another way to get some on-board cash as well as you!

Durn you, Cruise Critic!! Next, someone will reveal the secret handshake that gets you the EDIBLE food!

Just be aware that some of the tables for two are very close to other tables for two. They are so close that sometimes passengers will engage you in conversation, whether you want it or not. This is mostly at breakfast, not lunch or dinner, though.

Just be aware that some of the tables for two are very close to other tables for two. They are so close that sometimes passengers will engage you in conversation, whether you want it or not. This is mostly at breakfast, not lunch or dinner, though.

Oh the humanity!! This is TOTALLY unacceptable! :mad:

We found this to be the case on most occasions at dinner also, and did not trouble us in the slightest. Gives a good opportunity to chat, without any obligation (like if you were seated at same table) to do so.

Archived