Has anyone ever paid for their cruise 2 months before due date?

read52

Dont do it! In most cases total becomes nonrefundable after date of final payment. Check out before paying .Anything can happen before final payment. It only takes a few minutes to arrange final payment on web or phone. Consider it cheap insurance.Most cruise agencies automatically debit the final payment at proper date, not before.

We plan on using our tax return to pay for our cruise as well. Once I file, I'll go ahead and book our cruise for Jan 2011 using out credit card, and then pay it off as soon as we get our tax return. Since we'll be booking using the early saver pricing, if the price goes down we'll just have OBC.

We will be getting a tax return that would allow us to pay off our cruise in July. I would like to pay it now because my dd is getting married at the beginning of July and I don't want to worry about the cruise. I am crazy?

Yes you are crazy...:D

The way I see it....the money is mine and belongs in my hands...because I am trustworthy..they get my money when it is due...not any earlier...nor any later...but on the due date

We pay in full at the time we make the reservation. Nothing financial hanging over our heads fells good.

We did that with out last cruise. It was such a good feeling doing it that way. ;)

We have our current trip on the good ol "lay-a-way" plan, but I plan to go ahead and knock the balance off ASAP. I hate knowing my trip has a balance. :cool:

We will be getting a tax return that would allow us to pay off our cruise in July. I would like to pay it now because my dd is getting married at the beginning of July and I don't want to worry about the cruise. I am crazy?

I always pay my cruises in full when I book them. Crazy? Maybe, but I don't want any future payments hanging over my head.

We pay in full at the time we make the reservation. Nothing financial hanging over our heads fells good.

As do we, most of the time. OR you could put the money into some type of savings vehicle to earn a little interest before final payment date.

Whenever I go on any kind of trip I booked it and pay it in FULL at the same time.If I dont do that theres a chance I would spend that trip money elsewhere lol....So I booked our first cruise on Monday and when I was at the travel agent office booking it I also paid it in full and I paid my airfare in full too.....So all I have to worry about now is spending money,excursions,etc....

I pay on and pay off my cruises as soon as I have a little extra cash from any source. If I come into a big chunk (say from a garage sale or ebay sale) I'll take that whole amount and payoff what ever is out there or book something else if everything is paid for.

Yep. Sold something on eBay and paid my cruise off 6 months early. Now I have a nice savings of cruise spending money.

We never did but maybe it's not a bad idea. The last cruise was booked directly through the Carnival website instead of a travel agent and the website never let us know when it was time for final payment even though we were logged in. We could find out all kinds of other info but the one important thing "payment due" was never mentioned. They sent us a letter in the mail threatening to cancel our cruise if we didn't pay immediately. :eek:

[quote name='firefly333']I paid one off early and wished I hadnt. It affected me getting money off final payment I should have gotten. Apparantly Carnival paid the commission to the TA early and they didnt want to pay it back and refigure everything.[/quote]

That so cannot be true. TA do not get paid until 1 month after sailing. They are not going to pay commission on something that has not taken place yet. They would lose money left and right.

Archived