Has anyone ever paid for their cruise 2 months before due date?

read52

We will be getting a tax return that would allow us to pay off our cruise in July. I would like to pay it now because my dd is getting married at the beginning of July and I don't want to worry about the cruise. I am crazy?

We will be getting a tax return that would allow us to pay off our cruise in July. I would like to pay it now because my dd is getting married at the beginning of July and I don't want to worry about the cruise. I am crazy?

Go for it! There is certainly no penalty for paying off your cruise early. I have always tried to do this. Congrats on your daughter's impending wedding!

Yes, I've paid in advance. There was no bonus from Carnival. However, it was a bonus for me knowing that I had paid in full and didn't have to worry about the cruise anymore. In addition, I place $300 "under a matress" for the cruise so I would have some spending money when it was time to cruise without worrying about having enough cash.

I agree with Akasharogue, go for it. Get it out of the way while you have the cash.

I'm with them. Pay it off and forget about it. It's GREAT knowing that your cruise is paid for ahead of time and there's no worry about it. I'm sure there'll be someone that says put the money in the bank and make a little bit on it and pay when needed. To me the knowing it's paid for and I can't touch that money even if there's an emergancy is priceless. We paid for our May cruise a little at a time and had a small bill that I paid off last month. With the money "saved" doing this I was able to take some of my income tax and grab a good deal on a pack and go in march. My reward for paying a little at a time instead of banking it is TWO cruises this year instead of one....

I am also paid off for July cruise early....Got an inheritance for mother-n-laws estate....She was miserable to me for the whole time we have been married-since I stole her son (32) years ago...So she is treating us to a nice family vacation....!!!

I am also paid off for July cruise early....Got an inheritance for mother-n-laws estate....She was miserable to me for the whole time we have been married-since I stole her son (32) years ago...So she is treating us to a nice family vacation....!!!

make sure to offer up a toast to her during ur cruise;) enjoy, sounds like this trip is well-deserved

We have gotten into the habit of paying off some of our cruise each month, and usually have the whole cruise paid off 4-5 months before sailing. DH hates getting "hit" with a big bill when we come back from vacation. Now, with early saver, even if we pay it off months and months before, we will still get obc for any price drop.

I will pay a large percentage of it off early just because when you're looking at a $4,000 bill all at once I'm not fond of sticker shock so as I have an extra $100 or so I call and pay it off so it's not so hard when final payment comes.

if you would have to cancel, i've wondered how the refund would be processed if u use multiple sources of payment...i.e., different from the original CC used:confused:.

do you know? I asked PVP & he said it would up to accounting dept to determine.

:eek: LOL :D ;)

If you should have to cancel before Final Payment Deadline, Carnival will have all your money, which you'll be out until the refund arrives - I personally wouldn't want to be in that position and would wait to make payment when due. ken

I paid one off early and wished I hadnt. It affected me getting money off final payment I should have gotten. Apparantly Carnival paid the commission to the TA early and they didnt want to pay it back and refigure everything.

Wow, that doesn't sound right. I've paid mine off early and still gotten price reductions and my brother and a friend who are TA's say they never get paid till after the cruise. The lines want to make sure you don't cancel and why would they put themselves in a position where they have to go and get their money back from a TA, doesn't sound like the cruise lines who want to keep the money as long as they can.

I am cruising on my tax return also. I have already paid 3/4 of it and probably will pay all but $2.00 of it so that if the price drops I can still get the lower price before final payment. :)

Then, I am going to start putting about $20.00 a paycheck on my OBC. No surprises on this cruise at the end...and I have all the fine folks at Cruise Critic to thank! ;)

I pay on and pay off my cruises as soon as I have a little extra cash from any source. If I come into a big chunk (say from a garage sale or ebay sale) I'll take that whole amount and payoff what ever is out there or book something else if everything is paid for.

Archived