Rum Runners and RCCL

We just got back from our RCCL cruise and used rum runners for the first time. Put them in the checked bags and no worries! We did put them throughout the bags so if one was taken we had a back up.

FYI our wine in a box made it through too!

Okay, I guess I'm a little naive. What exactly is a Rum Runner? If it is what I think it is, do you fill it up prior to taking it onto the plane/cruise ship? I've actually taken a bottle of vodka with me (in my checked bags) onto the ship before and they didn't catch me but that was a few years ago and going to Mexico.

Please let me know anything you can about these little gems. :D I also need to know where I can pick one of these up. Thanks!

Rum Runners are flexible flasks that a company sells for the expressed purpose of bringing spirits on board. I've got friends that take mouthwash bottles on board, others just leave the liquor in the bottle.

I would recommend putting the rum runners in a freezer ziploc bag for extra protection. I like the 'box of wine' idea too.

Okay, I guess I'm a little naive. What exactly is a Rum Runner? If it is what I think it is, do you fill it up prior to taking it onto the plane/cruise ship? I've actually taken a bottle of vodka with me (in my checked bags) onto the ship before and they didn't catch me but that was a few years ago and going to Mexico.

Please let me know anything you can about these little gems. :D I also need to know where I can pick one of these up. Thanks!

You can google them and see what they are all about...also scroll down a little on the front page - there are several threads on them.

OP- put them in your checked bags! I have used them several times and have never had a problem, also I've never heard of anyone stating that they've had their rum runners taken from the cruise line.

We just got back from our RCCL cruise and used rum runners for the first time. Put them in the checked bags and no worries! We did put them throughout the bags so if one was taken we had a back up.

I'm curious to know how did your box of wine made it through?

Wine in a box in your checked? How did you pack it? Did you have it out in plain site in your cabin?

rum runners work great! i purchased 3 from the website...took them on my last cruise (1brown 1 white and 1gin) and didnt get caught....i did the same as someone stated earlier, put one in each bag of my carry-ons and it was smooth sailing. I suggest filling them the night before if not the morning of to make sure they are secure and are not going to leak! Goodluck!

rum runners work great! i purchased 3 from the website...took them on my last cruise (1brown 1 white and 1gin) and didnt get caught....i did the same as someone stated earlier, put one in each bag of my carry-ons and it was smooth sailing. I suggest filling them the night before if not the morning of to make sure they are secure and are not going to leak! Goodluck!

You put them in your carry-ons? I am going to attempt this in a few weeks. I want to make rum punch for a sail away party in our room. I was planning to put two of the 1 cup sized ones in tennis shoes, putting socks in the shoes to hold them snug, then into my carry-on bag along with a pair of shorts & a top. I'm afraid I won't get my checked luggage in time for the sail away party. I joke with the people going with us that if I get busted, we will have punch . . . instead of rum punch!

Wine in a box in your checked? How did you pack it? Did you have it out in plain site in your cabin?

We put it in our checked bags just left it in the box--we drove to the port so we didn't have to worry about extra luggage fees.

We kept it in the closet and asked for extra ice every afternoon, put it in the sink to chill and by the time we were getting ready for dinner it was chilled! Room service for a cheese plate and we were good to go!:rolleyes:

Don't know how or why it made it through, but this is the 2nd time we have brought a box of wine and never had a problem.

Archived