Fire and ice cruise

The Fox

Hi,

I have made a few enquiries about a "FIRE & ICE "cruise in sept/oct 2011 commencing with an Alaska inside passage cruise then 5 days at sea then concluding with a 7 day hawaian island cruise.

has anyone done this cruise....if you have i would love your opinion of it..

Thanks

Col:)

Col i love this itinerary....we are waiting for the 2011 schedule to be released so we can book...a dear friend turns 70 around that time and has requested our presence onboard for his birthday cruise..... i think the itinerarys come out next month thinking maybe Rhapsody of the Sea's last inside passage, together with Vancouver to Honolulu to Sydney.. if time permits...if we are real lucky maybe RCCL will change ships and send another one out instead of her............fingers crossed..........cheers Shiona

Col i love this itinerary....we are waiting for the 2011 schedule to be released so we can book...a dear friend turns 70 around that time and has requested our presence onboard for his birthday cruise..... i think the itinerarys come out next month thinking maybe Rhapsody of the Sea's last inside passage, together with Vancouver to Honolulu to Sydney.. if time permits...if we are real lucky maybe RCCL will change ships and send another one out instead of her............fingers crossed..........cheers Shiona

Hi Shiona,

We were told that they do 2 a year mar/april and sept/oct.However because it has an airfare included they cant advetise because they are only supplied with the flight schedule 10 monts prior.It was suggested that if we were interested in the sept/oct 2011 check the website in DEC /jan......intesting I was informed that it would be rhapsody....IF NOT REDEPLOYED.....might be comming here on a permanent basis.

Cheers

That sounds like a good mix of cruising Col. I am thinking about an Alaska cruise for 2011 but diid not think about adding an hawaii one on it.

Is that all on the one ship?

When we do it we have to visit Canada as well.

Col ...I believe if RCCL really want to get serious about the market down here instead of leaving a ship say Rhapsody of the Seas here permanently they should look at upgrading the ship they send...ROS has been here on and off since 2007 so it's time for a change, rumour has it she is going into drydock in Feb 2012 so her 2011/2012 session in OZ would be a short one....our itineraries here are limited so why not capture the market with a newer larger ship instead......and we want to do the b2b2b on the updated ship.....the Mariner of the Seas looks nice:cool::cool::cool: cheers Shiona

We did Fire and Ice on Carnival Spirit in May 2005. Flight to Honululu, 2 nights in Waikkiki, boarded Carnival Spirit, cruised just about all the Hawaiin Islands, shorex etc. Then 5 days across to Vancouver, then Inside Passage - Alaska, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan etc and back to Va, then did a week on our in Va, doing Whistler, Victoria, Butchart Gardens Etc. The Fire and Ice is a good deal.

Hi,

I have made a few enquiries about a "FIRE & ICE "cruise in sept/oct 2011 commencing with an Alaska inside passage cruise then 5 days at sea then concluding with a 7 day hawaian island cruise.

has anyone done this cruise....if you have i would love your opinion of it..

Thanks

Hi, No I haven't done it, but it sounds great :D but for me the packing of clothes would be a nightmare :eek: snow clothes and tropical clothes!!! but it does sound exciting :) Nett.

I would loooove to do this itinerary. We had planned on doing an Alaskan cruising in 2012 but now we're thinkng of putting it off until the kids have finished school, which would be 2014. It sounds so far away but, in 2012 our daughter will be in year 12 and the following year, our son will be in year 12. Not good years for taking then out of school which means only a 2 week holiday. I don't want to fly all that way (and spend all that money getting there) just for 2 weeks. I want to make a real holiday out of it.If we put it off til 2014, we just might consider this one.

Hi Col

we did a fire and ice on Celebrity Infinity in 2004, it's in my sig below. we loved it. there are photos in one of our webshots accounts, also in my sig. we were followed the whole way but Serenade of the Seas. I don't think RCCL do it anymore but as NSWP has said Carnival Spirit nows does it twice a year.

we had friends who went on Spirit and had a rear facing balcony and they were disappointed. to counter that, their only previous cruise was on QM2 in a balcony, and I think they were ruined and will QM2 will be the only ship for them. also, neither really liked the heat so Hawaii was always going to be a problme. Sad, cos I think Spirit and Carnival look like a heap of fun.

As I always say, how can any cruise be bad? It's a cruise. On a cruise ship!

shop around. we used that biggest of big agents - that one that's everywhere - (before we knew better) and found that we'd paid a tremendous amount more than others who'd used Aussie online agents. they got free transfers, obc etc etc and we had to pay for all of that

pete

Hi Coll,

We are booked on the Carnival spirit Fire and Ice tour starting on the 21st April 2010 from Brisbane via sydney, Fly to Honolulu, Cruise hawaii islands and then 5 days to Vancouver. Then Alaska cruise and afterwards two days in Whistler including train trip in Mountaineer Whistler in Gold class. All Accommodation in Ports plus some sightseeing and Luhas included. We booked through a Virgin Blue Offer and the travel agent for them is Our Vacation Centre. Email Darren.Scholte@ourvacationcentre.com

I can let you know what er think of it all when we return on the 18th May. 28 days in all. Very good value.

Pauline

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know of any deals similiar to the cancelled "FIRE & ICE "cruise in sept/oct 2011

I planned my wedding around this date as we wanted to do this cruise for our honeymoon and every company I talk to says that April is the last deal of this type

Appreciate anyones feedback

Does anyone also know why it is not happening in Sept/Oct like last year.????

Thank you for any help

We also did 'Fire and Ice' on Carnival Spirit, end of April 2004. Kicked off a couple of nights in Wakikki then embarked Carnival Spirit doing the Hawaain Islands, then across to Vancouver then inside passage, Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau. A week in Vancouver after did Butchart Gardens, Victoria, Whistler etc.

Carnival Spirit is a very good ship, everything good on board. However Carnival made Aussies pay autotips upfront with fare and non negotiable on board.

Highly recommended.

We too were on the Carnival Spirit in 2004.( didn't meet Les on that cruise but will on our next one)

Can only say----Do it-Do it!!! great ship, not too big, great itinerary, great deal. So what more could you want!

They are still doing this cruise twice a year in April and in reverse about September but have added a few extra days in Hawaii and Vancouver and it is about the same price we paid 6 years ago.

Archived