Western Caribbean Spices

miro10

You will see vanilla everywhere in Mexico, especially in Cozumel. Its obviously a huge seller. I bought a large bottle myself. A lifetime supply!!! lmao ... it was a large bottle.

I like jerked chicken, so if you are in Jamaica ... id buy that. Much spicier than jerk pork on Carnival's menu, which is very bland compared to real jerked meat spices and how its served in the islands.

You will see vanilla everywhere in Mexico, especially in Cozumel. Its obviously a huge seller. I bought a large bottle myself. A lifetime supply!!! lmao ... it was a large bottle.

I like jerked chicken, so if you are in Jamaica ... id buy that. Much spicier than jerk pork on Carnival's menu, which is very bland compared to real jerked meat spices and how its served in the islands.

I totally agree get the biggest bottle of Vanilla in Mexico...do you think you could pick me up some too?

It lasted me a long time; as it is a very strong so use it well.

I also agree on the Jerk Chix....very spice but worth the wait and taste.

Enjoy.

There is a big store right at next to the pier and I think it is called Cinco Flores or something like that. The vanilla is great there--high quality--I love it.

Maybe you are thinking of Los Cinco Soles? This is where we bought our vanilla too - so tasty! Can't wait to get back there in April to buy a new bottle :D

We found a wonderful little spice shop in the downtown area of Ocho Rios Jamaica. You have to walk out side the Pier area and take a taxi into town, this shop was in a small strip mall on our way back to the ship, on the bay side.

Sorry I can't remember the name of it but it had huge bags of spices and I got a bag with about 4 cups of Cumin for under $4!! Wish I had bought more lol, used it all already!

Archived