San Diego Pier to Airport

O2Bcrusin

If we have a flight at 11:00 am will we be cutting it too close to get off the ship and to the airport on time? Also does anyone know the best way to get from the pier to the airport? Thanks for your help.

Assuming all goes as planned, it is a tight shot (some of the security lines at SAN are long) but doable. Your best bet is to get a cab for this one.

Make sure you sign up for the earliest debarkation. I would have stated "no problem" to an 11 am flight a few months ago....before we disembarked in San Diego last October.

Yes, it is only a 10 minute or less ride in theory. We were the second group off the ship and we didn't disembark until after 9:30 am, the first group wasn't called until 9am, there was no early off for self-disembarkation (at least that day). The line for taxis was a long one. The traffic was a nightmare for the taxis to get out of the parking lot. If we had been flying, the stress level would have been very high to make a flight that early.

I do think it is doable if weather permits, but stressful. Hopefully your experience will go smoothly and you will report back that I am crazy for posting this ;)

there was no early off for self-disembarkation (at least that day).

They "do not promote" self debarkation in San Diego. You have to go down an flight of stairs to get off the ship. You can still do it, but you wouldn't be getting of the ship any earlier than zone 1 and 2.

We were sitting at our gate at 9:30am after we got off the Spirit the 1st week of Dec.

Archived