Does Carnival allow smokeless cigarettes in the non smoking areas?

Nunu

Nunu, I don't think they would allow them. They look toooo real. Anyone trying that would probably be asked to leave that area or douse the cig. I imagine the 'smoker' would get tired of having to repeatedly explain that it's smokeless.:D

gives them a hit of nicotine I think but doesn't actually burn. even the end lights up, or so I've read.

They're not smokeless, persay. An e-cig or personal vaporizer works by heating a solution of glycerin, flavoring and nicotine (if the user chooses nicotine -- I don't), which produced a cloud of water vapor that is then inhaled and exhaled. It looks like smoke, but it's often odorless. If it does have a smell, it's usually used to the flavoring used -- I vape a cherry-flavored solution, so it sometimes smells like a black cherry candle is burning.

I haven't tried to use one on a cruise, but since most of my PVs (personal vaporizers) don't actually look like cigarettes (black with a blue LED light, white with a phoenix design and a purple LED light), I don't worry too much. Plus, if I exhale into a napkin, there's usually no evidence of use.

Nunu, I don't think they would allow them. They look toooo real. Anyone trying that would probably be asked to leave that area or douse the cig. I imagine the 'smoker' would get tired of having to repeatedly explain that it's smokeless.:D

No, they don't. Most models don't look anything like a cigarette -- in fact, most look like you're sucking on a flashlight with a colored bulb. And most PV users don't get tired of explaining at all. In fact, most of them enjoy telling the obnoxious, smarmy, over-bearing anti-smoking police to go shove it.

They're not smokeless, persay. An e-cig or personal vaporizer works by heating a solution of glycerin, flavoring and nicotine (if the user chooses nicotine -- I don't), which produced a cloud of water vapor that is then inhaled and exhaled. It looks like smoke, but it's often odorless. If it does have a smell, it's usually used to the flavoring used -- I vape a cherry-flavored solution, so it sometimes smells like a black cherry candle is burning.

I haven't tried to use one on a cruise, but since most of my PVs (personal vaporizers) don't actually look like cigarettes (black with a blue LED light, white with a phoenix design and a purple LED light), I don't worry too much. Plus, if I exhale into a napkin, there's usually no evidence of use.

Is it true that the stuff you put into it has the skull and crossbones symbol on it? :confused:

smokeless cigs? Never heard of them. Are they for people trying to quit or something?

No. They're for people who are looking for a healthier smoke. Some use it to quit. Most use it as a nicotine delivery device that doesn't bring all teh nasty chemicals and tar with it.

A lot of vapors don't use nicotine, so a patch would do them no good. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Why so snotty?

No. They're for people who are looking for a healthier smoke. Some use it to quit. Most use it as a nicotine delivery device that doesn't bring all teh nasty chemicals and tar with it.

And then you contradict yourself.

The e-cigarette and patch are both used to deliver nicotine. What information am I lacking? :confused:

That many (not most, not the majority, but more than a few) e-cigarette users are not nicotine users. The two are not mutually inclusive.

Let's not split hairs here.

I'm not splitting hairs. Part of the problem with personal vaporizers is that people don't understand them and make sweeping statements about them. If people knew more about them, non-users would be more comfortable with them, and wouldn't make mis-informed statements about them.

Also, as I don't use nicotine and the water vapor my PV produces is harmless, why should I be barred from using it, and how would your suggestion that I "use the patch" be the least bit helpful?

Archived