Does Carnival allow smokeless cigarettes in the non smoking areas?

Nunu

They're not smokeless, persay. An e-cig or personal vaporizer works by heating a solution of glycerin, flavoring and nicotine (if the user chooses nicotine -- I don't), which produced a cloud of water vapor that is then inhaled and exhaled. It looks like smoke, but it's often odorless. If it does have a smell, it's usually used to the flavoring used -- I vape a cherry-flavored solution, so it sometimes smells like a black cherry candle is burning.

I haven't tried to use one on a cruise, but since most of my PVs (personal vaporizers) don't actually look like cigarettes (black with a blue LED light, white with a phoenix design and a purple LED light), I don't worry too much. Plus, if I exhale into a napkin, there's usually no evidence of use.

So you smoke cherry flavored steam? What is the appeal of that?

Not judging, but the image that comes to mind is those candy cigarettes that we used to have as kids because you could look like you were smoking and that was cool. Only, times have changed a lot and we've learned smoking isn't cool...

The e-cigarette and patch are both used to deliver nicotine. What information am I lacking? :confused:

I'm not splitting hairs. Part of the problem with personal vaporizers is that people don't understand them and make sweeping statements about them. If people knew more about them, non-users would be more comfortable with them, and wouldn't make mis-informed statements about them.

Also, as I don't use nicotine and the water vapor my PV produces is harmless, why should I be barred from using it, and how would your suggestion that I "use the patch" be the least bit helpful?

Exactly Cat...

one of my friends uses it because 'her addiction' was having it in her hand... no nicotine.. blows mist....

One, it tastes good. Two, it hits the back of the throat the same way a regular cigarette does and gives you the "hit" without the "buzz" if you will. It wills the psychological role of smoking without actually smoking by simulating certain aspects of it. There are literally hundreds of flavors -- some are straight tobacco flavors, some aren't. It's all about preference, and staying off the combustable kind of cigarettes.

Not judging, but the image that comes to mind is those candy cigarettes that we used to have as kids because you could look like you were smoking and that was cool. Only, times have changed a lot and we've learned smoking isn't cool...

The difference is that this isn't made of chewing gum and costs a lot more. ;)

This is not candy or a toy.. it's a device for people who quit to remain non-smoking

giggle.gif

Yes for some it's physiological and they replacement that repetitive action of holding a cigarette with this safer method

Sadly, no. But I do know people who have modified personal vaporizers to smoke things other than the smoke juice intended for them.

Untapped market? I might put my re-inventing the internet on hold for this. :eek:

Sadly, no. But I do know people who have modified personal vaporizers to smoke things other than the smoke juice intended for them.

They sell vaporizers.. specifically for pot..

I have seen one.. it's quite a display... lol

They sell vaporizers.. specifically for pot..

I have seen one.. it's quite a display... lol

Yeah, I've seen them too. And I know a couple of people who are working on ways to process THC for use in a PV. For medicinal use, of course. Which *is* legal in my state.

Just to help with OP's question.

- You should have NO problem with having one of these on board. The reason you can't smoke is obvious, your Smoking a smelly, strong burning cigarette. This Smokeless cig is Not Burning, Not creating a small, and simply an Inhaler that looks liek a Cig.

the only place they will have a problem is where others want to smoke where you are and are constantly told not too, even when they ask why you can. I would take it with you and when they ask you to put it out, dab the "cherry" end of it on your tongue and show them it's not a real cig, they should back off.

ALi

Archived