Window seating in the MDR

MaiTaiMary

We used to look and see what the table sat, and asked for a table of X at reservation time.

One time we got a rear corner table, with glass all around.

Being we usually, eat at early seating, the curtain have to get drawn for the sun.

I remember having a table by the window on a couple of cruises, but by our dinner time the sun had already set so it was dark. Nothing to see then. One cruise the drapes were always closed. I always enjoyed snagging a window table at the buffet for breakfast and lunch tho.

I ask but only once have we had a window seat.

For some reason Carnival does a great job on most everything but for us we always ask for large table and if possible a window seat and last few cruises we get a table for two.

Since we want to meet new people it is off to the MD to make a change.

You can get window seating in the MDR for breakfast by asking.:)

We sat by the window every morning. Now for dinner, I have no idea.

When you get onboard, find out where your assigned table is and ask to move. If you are doing anytime dining, ask to be seated by the window when you show up to eat.

The Maitre d' assigns seating about ten days prior to the cruise. There's no real rhyme or reason with a few exceptions... Platinum cruisers are guaranteed a dining time but not a location and bookings that are linked will be seated in the same area.

As Pete mentioned, your best option is to check the location of your assigned table upon boarding. You'll find the table number on your Sail & Sign card. If you're not happy with the location of your table visit with the Maitre d' at the time indicated in the Capers for dining changes.

It might help... might not but it's worth a shot...

:)

How do you get a window seat in the MDR? :) Are these already reserved or first come, first serve, or....?

I've had a prime table location on five cruises (out of twelve - two other cruises were on NCL where there is no set seating) and on four of those five occasions someone at the table was either a top tier repeat passenger or was in a suite.

Archived