When was your first cruise?

kkmonga

My very first cruise was a three night to Nassau. It was a mix of half newbies and half veteran cruisers (the veteran cruisers wanted to do a seven day,but we new cruisers wanted a shorter one in case we didn't like it). We were set to fly out on Thursday and sail on Friday.
However on Tuesday,September 11,2001 everything changed.
Our travel agent and Carnival called us to inform that the ship will still sail on Friday,but we were given the option to rebook to another date. We all decided to sail out on Friday. The main reason was we saw it that if we stayed at home in fear, the terrorist won. The second reason was it was next to impossible for five of us to get off at the same time (we all work in the same area). So it was only one option, road trip!!
We left out early Thursday morning in one of the girls husband new SUV :D. Since there was five of us, we all took turns driving to Miami.
The ship had half of the people that either changed to another date or canceled. There were so few people that everyone was placed on one dining time. I will never forget the captain stated that how crew hailing from over 50 nations had the US in their prayers at that time.
The cruise was a great one even with the circumstances. I still recall enjoying the sea day hanging with my friends. We lounged,ate,slept and just enjoy the ocean. I was hooked after that one cruise!
Now, I'm going on my 10th and 11th cruise this year and on my 10th cruise, I'm sailing with a newbie and hope see get hooked!!

First cruise was on the Disney Magic in November 2008, 2nd was on the Disney Magic in June 2009, 3rd one will be on the Carnival Liberty in December 2010 and the 4th one will be on the Disney Magic in December 2011 (I see a trend here:cool:) I love sailing Disney, it is truly a magical experience but the price is :eek: Very excited to try Carnival for the 1st time this year!:D

[quote name='fayruz']It is just like a "Loveboat" script :)
ps I enjoyed watching it to :)[/quote]
It was so much like a Love Boat episode I didnt want to believe it. 80% of the ship was sick due to high seas and we had the run of the ship. It was phenomenal. Several statues were molested...they didnt mind. :O)
That was before the digital camera so I would actually have to get motivated enough to scan in pictures of our escapades. I has a lazy. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
I WON my first cruise in a contest to sell the most homes for the last quarter of 1997. I think I sold 43 homes to win and was not even excited that I won because I don't like water, so for some reason, I thought I would hate a cruise. I won a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Imagination, airfare, the whole kit and kaboodle. My husband was excited as he had cruised once before on the Fantasy. I packed and planned and brought a suitcase full of dramamine! I was convinced it was going to be a grin and bear it type of vacation. Oh how wrong I was! The minute we set sail I was hooked! I loved every minute of it and still do. We cruise when we ever we can, or have the time and money to do so. Now whenever someone says they would not like a cruise because they would feel trapped and don't like water...I just laugh and tell them to live a little!

Pretty recent for me...December 2008 on the Carnival Sensation.

The funny thing is that twice I have "almost" gone in the past but things came up and I couldn't go. Maybe it was a good thing since now I am addicted!! :eek::D

[quote name='kkmonga']What ship did you sail on when your took your first cruise? Mine was the Carnivale, February 14, 1982! I sailed solo in a guaranteed quad-share. I was hooked for life! Preparing for my 28th cruise on the Triumph this March (19th Carnival cruise.)[/quote]

Ours was also the Carnivale, but it was November 1991. It was so much fun, we had no idea what to expect and it was such an adventure!

June 2006; RCI Mariner of the Seas. My parents have been cruising since the 70's and never took my brother and I. This time they took my husband, myself and our two girls as a gift for our 25th anniversary.

We've gone on one cruise every summer since then. It's the only vacation the family wants to do, and I'm so happy that my husband has also been bitten by the cruise bug, because it's all he wants to do too. :D

i had always dreamed of going on a cruise even when i was little. then came the '' love boat ''. that really got the cruise bug in me. well, it took about 20 more yrs before i could manage to go to alaska, solo. alaska was the place i always wanted to go too. the carnival spirit out of vancouver for a seven day glacier bay roundtrip was my dream come true. i will never forget when i walked into the promanade deck and saw the beautiful glass elevators, wooden steps and the gorgeous design of the ship. WOW, i was speechless. i have been hooked ever since and plan too take many more cruises. but the first cruise is the one i will never forget :).

Our first was Rhapsody July 2002 out of Galveston with DS ⅅ #2 Elation out of Galveston July 2004 with DD & her (now ex-)BF...#3 coming up-Conquest in May...out of-you guessed it!-Galveston...no kids and FIRST time for Balcony!!! wooo hooo :D
We like to drive to port, saves $$$ for other fun stuff!

Sept. 2007 on the Disney Magic with Me-33, DH-33, DS-10, DD-8, DD-8, MIL and FIL. Was the best vacation ever(even with the inlaws ;-)). So much fun, we did a Carnival cruise this past March and are booked on another for this August and are looking at booking for next August. We were Disney addicts, but cruising has become our new addiction as it is a much more relaxing, enjoyable and affordable vacation than Disney (for us anyway).

[quote name='Yazoo cruiser']Around 1985 on the Dolphin out of Miami, been hooked ever since. Going on the Triumph in two weeks, our 54th overall and 18th with Carnival.[/quote]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]WOW! 54 cruises! I hope one day I get to that number![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]My first was July 2006 on the Fascination. I read CC for a couple of months before and kinda knew what to expect, but that was with my ex and we only had an ok time, regardless, I was still hooked![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]I took the new bf on his first last year and he was excited to go. Now that he's been on one and knows what to expect he's not only excited, he gets mad if I mention CC or the cruise because "he has to wait too long"![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :rolleyes:

My first cruise was for my Honeymoon in June 1985 on the Tropicale out of California. My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary this year. We've been on a total of 14 cruises, 13 with Carnival and our daughters have done 11. We're hooked!!

Its was on the Carnival Fantasy out of Port Canaveral...the day after the shuttle Columbia explosion. Feb. 2, 2003. I think that one event will always remind me of my first cruise in a way I wish it didnt.

It was a 4 night cruise to Freeport and Nassau Bahama's. We were in a interior cabin and really enjoyed ourselvs!

Mine was in 1993 for our honeymoon. We got married in 1991 but had to save before we could go. At the time I was in the Army and DH was in school so we only got together doing breaks and when I got leave. He flew from Chicago and I from Ft.Sill. It was I think the Ecstacy 7night Western Caribean. Our table guest were all past cruises and gave us great tips that saved us money. Funny story was; we got a cabin with twin beds that could not be combined. Luckily we were young and agile so still had a good time.;)

We sailed last October for our anniversary cruise. We went to.the Southern Carribean. We had a blast. We are going with some friends on our next cruise. We have aft cabins booked side by side. Our last cruise we went to St. Lucia, St. Marten, and St. Kitty's.

Archived